Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help? My tail light bulb went out already with only 2000 miles on. Instead of going to the dealer to have them replace it, I rather try to replace them myself. Does anyone know how to open the tail light? Greatly appreciated if you can help.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I am pretty sure this should be covered under the 12 month/ 12,000 mile adjustment warranty from Nissan. Its basically a warranty which covers everything, including some wear items like bulbs, I think.

To get to the rear lights, remove the plastic cover next to the light assembly and then remove the light mounting bolts. The whole assembly comes out, and then you can replace the bulb. The specs for the light assembly mounting bolts is 40-56 in-lb. The FSM is explicit to say "be careful" about those specs. Don't screw it in so tight as to snap the plastic.

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
Eric L. said:
I am pretty sure this should be covered under the 12 month/ 12,000 mile adjustment warranty from Nissan. Its basically a warranty which covers everything, including some wear items like bulbs, I think.

To get to the rear lights, remove the plastic cover next to the light assembly and then remove the light mounting bolts. The whole assembly comes out, and then you can replace the bulb. The specs for the light assembly mounting bolts is 40-56 in-lb. The FSM is explicit to say "be careful" about those specs. Don't screw it in so tight as to snap the plastic.

exactly.............

'snug' bolts that shoulder/screw into plastic housings......... i save my torque wrench (have one in inches and another in jus lb-fts) for reciprocating parts/ suspension, etc.......

maybe use this opportunity to upgae the bulb??? (course the other side would need to be done as well)

S

·
Registered
30 Posts
Could you further explain the " plastic cover next to the light assembly"? I can't identify it, and would like to get into the tail lights.

Thanks.

·
4,664 Posts
It's the black hard plastic strip that runs on the inside edge of the lights. It pulls off and once off, the rest becomes very obvious.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts