Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all... so I got tickets to Monday nights football game for the Giants vs. New Orleans. My Mo will be TAILGATING for the first time. The game starts at 7:30pm and I will be getting there with one other person about 5pm. WHAT SHOULD I BRING ??

- I bought two folder up collapsable chairs.
- I have a nerf football.
- I will bring a radio and plug into the back of the AC Adaptor in the trunk.
- I am thinking of bringing my george forman grill and grilling up hotdogs... if not it will be sandwhiches.
- BEER !!
- Camera to take pictures of the Mo tailgating... I mean the football game !!

Anything else ?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Just don't do what they did here in Philly when the Eagles were playing at the Vet. Some brain put his barbeque either under the rear of the car or inside the car after he was done grilling. You guessed it, the car caught on fire and so did those adjacent to it. Have a plan for a hot grille, my suggestion, lol.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Bratwurst maybe? :D Mmmmmmmmmm beer & brats.

Don't forget stuff like ketchup, mustard & relish. Also, potato chips or something of that sort. If you're grilling anything, paper towels would be good for cleanup.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Wow dumb BBQ'ers in Philly also!

Tailgating at the CHIEFS game is a must see.
Whether its breakfast before a nooner or fresh BBQ for a 3:00.

A couple of years ago we had 7 cars in a row burn up.
Talk about a sickening feeling when you look in the direction of your car & you see a big black flume of smoke!

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
elliotgb said:
Just don't do what they did here in Philly when the Eagles were playing at the Vet. Some brain put his barbeque either under the rear of the car or inside the car after he was done grilling. You guessed it, the car caught on fire and so did those adjacent to it. Have a plan for a hot grille, my suggestion, lol.
I found some cool Helmets of teams... not sure if you wanted it, but here is the Eagles incase you wanted a different avaitor.

Attachments

·
Registered
763 Posts
Tailgating to a whole new level in KC!

Joe Cahn, the self-proclaimed “Commissioner of Tailgating” calls the practice the last great American neighborhood where no one locks their doors, everyone is happy to see you and all are together sharing fun, food and football.

Few tailgating experiences rival that of Arrowhead Stadium. For some time now, many Chiefs fans from near and far have requested a way to get inside the stadium complex and set up their various rigs as early as the day before.

Now there’s a way.

It’s called Arrowhead Park and it offers fans of the Chiefs who come out to Arrowhead to follow the team – and really any event that’s hosted at Arrowhead – to get in as early as the day before a game or an event and set up shop.

Arrowhead Park is located inside the grounds of the Truman Sports Complex and it offers overnight parking for a reasonable price for those of you who have often contemplated how great it would be to be there the day before the game and tailgate to your heart’s content.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
hate to derail the thread but the pics above reminded me of driving through Athens Georgia a few months ago..... (UGA)
There on main street were all the little cheerleader girlies bouncing around doing their little cheerleader things before they boarded their buses for the game.....
All of a sudden the lady in the car behind me lays on her horn.

Oops...I guess I was kinda catatonic.

:2:

·
Registered
545 Posts
Gymkid

Thanks for the avatar. Although all Eagles fans hate the Giants, Cowboys and Redskins, I'll make an exception in your case and be a nice guy, lol. Now we are beginning to hate the Patriots and Falcons equally as much!

Good luck to Eli, if he's half as good as his brother, you should have a great season!

·
Registered
545 Posts
When I lived in Minnesota, there was another brain out there who decided that it was too cold to start his snowthrower the usual way (was about -40 degrees with windchill). So he brought his gas can inside, poured the gas into a stew pot to warm the gas up, and proceded to blow up the rear of his house! True story!

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
elliotgb said:
Gymkid

Thanks for the avatar. Although all Eagles fans hate the Giants, Cowboys and Redskins, I'll make an exception in your case and be a nice guy, lol. Now we are beginning to hate the Patriots and Falcons equally as much!

Good luck to Eli, if he's half as good as his brother, you should have a great season!
My Fiance is a big Eagles fan... so I have a soft spot for you guys. :) If I can live with an Eagles fan... then I can get along with anyone.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
GymKid,

I was fortunate enough to go to all of the Giant home games last year and it looks like I will be at them all this year too.

We always park in section A1. It's about the farthest you can be from the stadium which means not all of the spots are occupied so you can spread out a bit.

Bring what you normally bring to a "regular" picnic. Many people will also cook a meal after the game, that way they can kill some time waiting for traffic to clear out.

Enjoy the game!!

-njjoe

·
Registered
545 Posts
So where is the imaginary Mason Dixon line in New Jersey that separates the Giants fans from the Eagles fans?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Great!
You didn't blow anything up or catch anything on fire and the Giants won, too.

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
elliotgb said:
So where is the imaginary Mason Dixon line in New Jersey that separates the Giants fans from the Eagles fans?
I'd say roughly route 195. Connects Trenton to what, Belmar? Toms River? I recently met some rabid Eagles fans from Toms River, but when I lived in North Brunswick, we were definitely Giants fans.

So I'd say north of Route 195, (exit 98 on the Parkway) and a little farther north on the turnpike, say exit 8 or 8A. Eagles country creeps a little farther north on the west side of the state than the east, as would be expected.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
EasternPA said:

I'd say roughly route 195. Connects Trenton to what, Belmar? Toms River? I recently met some rabid Eagles fans from Toms River, but when I lived in North Brunswick, we were definitely Giants fans.

So I'd say north of Route 195, (exit 98 on the Parkway) and a little farther north on the turnpike, say exit 8 or 8A. Eagles country creeps a little farther north on the west side of the state than the east, as would be expected.
Hey EasternPA... I think he was referring to, where in my home... I'm a Giants fan and my finace is a big Eagles fan. :3:

·
Registered
545 Posts
Gymkid

I wanted to know both.
Where your line is drawn(Kitchen) and where the general NJ Giant/Phila Eagle fan line is drawn.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts