Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I get me one of these? It looks like the turn signals are amber. Don't have the time to do the LED conversion (or money to spare :mad: ).

Attachments

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
tqt said:
Where can I get me one of these?
tqt-

I am assuming you live in the US and are attempting to make your MO look different. If that is the case....

Go the simple route first, see if your local Nissan dealer can import them for you. If not, check other Nissan dealers. If that fails, try checking Nissan dealers in England (although I do not believe the MO is sold there, the dealers speak English and should be able to help you out.)

Good luck.

-njjoe

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
The Tinted tails

Smoke are the best looking. Really smooths out the Jay Back end.

·
Registered
89 Posts
tqt and njjoe

I don't thik it is a good solution to order EU tail lights from here. Because Murano is US car and not so often to see in EU, the spare parts here have high prices. There are also the shipping costs and insurance enormous high (I know as my company imports stuff frum US)...i think upgrading to LED would be a lot cheaper.
And.... OF COURSE THERE ARE MOs IN UK.
IT'S THE CAR WORTH TO BE SEEN IN EVERY COUNTRY!!!:D :D :D

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Re: Re: Taiwanese Murano Taillight

njjoe said:
....the dealers speak English and should be able to help you out...
:2: :2: :2:

Don't forget that you are still talking about Nissan dealers.....

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
maybe you can ask one of the asian or european forum members to purchase a set for you and send them down.

and njjoe- the murano is sold in england :D

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Yeah, we used to have a limey (Well.........dutchman, living in UK) here on the forum. He was quite active last year, I believe.
dejongj or something like that. (Looked it up, that was him)

Homer

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
there's a new member- alex from slovenia or check out the singapore callout section of the forum.

singapore section

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I contacted a guy through ebay that imports stuff from overseas. He couldn't find any information for the Mo. I find that odd. I guess he's only good at finding corolla (altis in TW) parts.

I have no trust in dealers giving me the right part number. They've already screwed me once with my tranny scoop. Plus, if they knew, they'd probably charge an arm and a leg.

Can anybody in the European Union help me out with this one? By the way, I'm getting sick of RoHS/WEEE!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
tqt

Tail lights costs in Slovenia 470USD (both). Also there are high freight costs for overseas shipment and I also think you must import this thing officialy even if someone sends them to you (better check if there is import duty in US on this kind of european stuff).
Are these tail lights in accordance with US rules? We do not have the side marker in our tail lights.
I think you better forget it. But if you're really hot for this something can be done, or you can find someone on this forum who is travelling many times to Europe. The price should be almost the same in whole Europe (maybe a little cheaper in Germany and more expensive in UK).

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Crap!! That's more expensive than the LED conversion. Hopefully, I can find it somewhere cheaper.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
tqt-

What started out as a simple project is now beginning to look like a very expensive proposition. Those LED tails are looking better than ever now.

You just know that someone, somewhere in Europe has a pair of those taillight lenses sitting in their garage or stockroom collecting dust. Have you checked e-bay?

-njjoe

·
Registered
89 Posts
I don't think there could be a big difference in the price. Maybe bigdongers can ask for a price in Australia as he wrote. But I think they have the left on the right side and the right on the left side as they also have the steering wheel on the wrong side. Just kidding...no offence guys in AU.:D
And you won't find them collecting dust njjoe, because they started to sell MOs here in Europe in February 2005.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Alex said:
And you won't find them collecting dust njjoe, because they started to sell MOs here in Europe in February 2005.
Nah, I figure someone in the EU modded his MO by replacing the standard taillights with the 2006-model LEDs, or maybe he preferred the all-red look of the US versions, so he now has a set of EU-version lenses laying around (collecting dust).

-njjoe

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
but the amber signals are mandatory....

·
Registered
15 Posts
bigdongers, Could you check on the price for a pair from AU?

I'd also be interested in seeing some night-shots of this taillight 'in action', ie: lights on, brake on, turn signal/hazards on. Thanks!

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
nissanlove said:
but the amber signals are mandatory....
Nissanlove-

Just because the amber lenses are mandatory in the EU does not mean some creative MO driver is not going to change them to customize his MO's look.

Do you think all of the mods discussed here (heavily tinted windows, smoked taillights, headlamp retrofits, auxiliary fog lamps, etc.) are 100% DOT compliant in all 50 states?

-njjoe

1 - 20 of 24 Posts