Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My previous car, at work, I usually park my car (not a Murano) under a tree for shade. The only problem is that tree has lots of birds. Birds like to drop their "waste" on cars that are black.

I made a mistake by not quickly cleaning the waste on my car resulting in a permanent paint damage in some areas.

I just bought a Black 2006 Murano SL. Is there a polish or wax that can prevent any paint damage on my new Murano? By the way, I won't be parking under that shaddy tree.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Paniolo-

Take a look under the Detailing section of this forum. Many members, including myself, use a "system" by Zaino. It is a multi-step process that protects the "paint" and gives the car a beautiful shine. There are also several other great products that will protect and beautify the finish.

Regardless of what you use, the key to preventing damage from bird droppings is to not let them bake onto the cars finish.

-njjoe

·
Registered
252 Posts
I like Meguiars myself.

Just keep a bottle of Meguiars Quick Detailer in your car with a cloth. When you see the bird droppings, spray the QD onto it, let it soak for a little bit and then wipe off.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I use Mother's myself. Like Meguiar's Quick Detailer, Mother's has "Showtime" which I use with a microfiber towel. Just spray, let soak for a minute and wipe off. I also claybar my paint to remove impurities, and use my Porter Cable random orbital polisher to apply Mother's Power Polish and Power Wax. (You can use Mother's 3-step also if you don't have a polisher. I've used both and both work great.) Once the car is well polished and waxed, it makes this type of clean-up easier and reduces the impact from acidic bird droppings.

Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts