Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
everytime i take off i hear this rattle from my engine? i was wondering if anyone has encountered this problem?

i also get slow take off. its seems as if it lacking power?:confused:

i got it out of the dealer today and they say it is fine but driving my brothers MO it gots more power and stuff. we got the same YEAR and style.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Check the TSBs on this website:

www.nissanhelp.com

Ones that might apply are the ones relating to fuel pressure regulator (rattle) or broken exhaust bracket (rattle).

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Rattle? Is it engine knock? If it was I would think the dealer would pick up on that right away. How about a loose heat shield on the cats?

-njjoe

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Maybe in stability in the ZPM

Check my location :D

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Re: Maybe in stability in the ZPM

GripperDon said:
Check my location :D
LOL! With a little Gate, anything is possible.....

(sorry for making this even more offtopic) :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i just droped it off to a different dealer this mourning and hopefully these guys can find the problem.

they guy said from what im explaining to him and the test drive we did. he says it might be the heat sheild...didnt say what which one. He also asked what gas i use and i told him regular unleaded...and thats where he said one of my problem is at??? is that true?

he mentioned that using regular gas on a MO makes it it difficult for the GAS to burn causing the engine to work harder:confused: and is not getting the right mixture of fuel in it.

He also said using the recommended gas would make my engine performe like its supposed to be with power and more easy smooth driving.

now im not a very understanding guy in car automotive but it makes no sense to me unless i actually change my fuel and see.The thing is i never had a problem until about 3 months ago.
so i was told to drive the tank of fuel i have close enough to empty and then fuel it up with the recommended gas (premium).

Update i will post when i pick up my MO later today.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jimbo said:
everytime i take off i hear this rattle from my engine? i was wondering if anyone has encountered this problem?

i also get slow take off. its seems as if it lacking power?:confused:

i got it out of the dealer today and they say it is fine but driving my brothers MO it gots more power and stuff. we got the same YEAR and style.

thank you for the link..very very good info there!
if my MO comes back again:3: i will be pissed and just might take that link over and show them:D

the dealers i went to here in omaha nebraska are

woodhouse nissan(no problem found)
lake manawa nissan(MO at now)

should i copy the saying of the problem and show it here? or do we not allow that?

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
jimbo said:
well i just droped it off to a different dealer this mourning and hopefully these guys can find the problem.

they guy said from what im explaining to him and the test drive we did. he says it might be the heat sheild...didnt say what which one. He also asked what gas i use and i told him regular unleaded...and thats where he said one of my problem is at??? is that true?

he mentioned that using regular gas on a MO makes it it difficult for the GAS to burn causing the engine to work harder:confused: and is not getting the right mixture of fuel in it.

He also said using the recommended gas would make my engine performe like its supposed to be with power and more easy smooth driving.

now im not a very understanding guy in car automotive but it makes no sense to me unless i actually change my fuel and see.The thing is i never had a problem until about 3 months ago.
so i was told to drive the tank of fuel i have close enough to empty and then fuel it up with the recommended gas (premium).

Update i will post when i pick up my MO later today.
I love how dealers make up stuff to trick customers. Technically, regular unleaded is EASIER to burn then super unleaded, since octane rating tells you how likely the gas is to ignite (and hence cause a "knock") from the heat of compression alone. In other words, the reason why super provides more power is because the engine can compress the fuel more before igniting it, whereas with regular, it has to "back off the timing" (i.e. less compression and earlier spark) to avoid knocking.

Even in 100F weather, the MO should not knock on regular 87, since it is equipped with a knock sensor and the ECU also has a map for regular fuel.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
You may see/feel slightly better performance and better gas milleage with premium but there is nothing wrong with using regular gas in this car. I agree with Eric.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
I wonder if these mechanics think we are all stupid or maybe they just don't understand how an engine works.

-njjoe

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ahh i see...now

i guess this is why its good to know a little here and there about cars because mislead info on things like this.

so to understand what your saying is that, using highend GAS just betters in another way but should not cause my MO to do what its doing now. so using any type of gas should not cause the problem im having. if this is what your saying i understand very much. Thank you very much.

so what do you guys all use? regular or premium?:)

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
jimbo-

Check out this thread. It is an informal poll on which grade of gas is used by forum members. http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4988

In summary: 52% use Premium, 18% use mid-grade, 19% use Regular, and 10% use various grades.

If your driving is done mostly on the highways then it is cost-effective to use Premium.

-njjoe

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
I think it is the dumming down of America

Both tech and Avg customer. Higher Octane make the fuel harder ignit at a given compression ratio. Higher Octane will produce a bit more power and allow a bit more "Smooth" combustion. I would recommend Hi test. knock detectors do a great job at retarding the spart timing but hi test is still my choice. Using it will be an advantage but The tech went overboard in his discussion. You may have a faulty knock detector or poor installation for acoustic transmission. which would make the problem much worse. Have the tech check that out.

ALL IMO good luck.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
okay UPDATE!!!

problem 1

so maybe the person/s who changed my oil at the dealer did not put all the tabs on the cover for the oil filter...

problem 2

the skid plate was missing some bolts and pins along with a loose...

im gonna try and scan the ticket and show you guys what was said that was wrong

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
jimbo said:
okay UPDATE!!!

problem 1

so maybe the person/s who changed my oil at the dealer did not put all the tabs on the cover for the oil filter...

problem 2

the skid plate was missing some bolts and pins along with a loose...

im gonna try and scan the ticket and show you guys what was said that was wrong
I guess you mean the splash guard in the wheel well. Yeah makes sense that it can rattle around.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts