Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a 2009 Murano. The radio does not go on for 10-15 minutes after the car is started.
I dont see problems with anything else, and the delay seems to be longer the longer the car sits off.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
That's really odd... Does it perform okay once it powers on?

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
When it does come on, works fine. No information like preset stations is lost, and as far as I can tell everything else works.
Is it just the radio that doesn't come on for 10-15 minutes? Or is the screen blank, and non of other buttons are lit up too?

Just to cover the basics that may or may not be related, how old is your battery? Make sure the battery terminal posts are totally free of corrosion and snug. Since you just purchased this Murano, have both your battery and alternator load tested to be sure they are performing optimally at a place like AutoZone for free.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just purchased a 2009 Murano. The radio does not go on for 10-15 minutes after the car is started.
I dont see problems with anything else, and the delay seems to be longer the longer the car sits off.
Is anything else after affected when the radio is off? Does CD/cassette, climate control, display work? My first thought is electrical like the antenna cord or something if it's just the radio. Do you get static at least, does the display show what your tuned to. Maybe take a picture of how it looks when it is notv operating correctly?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the replies, MuranoSL2003 and Imhotep.

The sound from the radio is the only thing affected, I can see and scroll through all options, load discs and see climate controlls.

No static, just no noise at all. It affects all systems that use the radio for sound, hands free calling, radio and CD player.

I dont know the age of the battery, no corrosion, will get it load tested and get back, great advice.

Thanks guys, any other opinions in the .ean time?

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Do you have the base system or Bose system? If the latter, maybe an issue with the amp or wiring thereto. The base system is wired directly to the radio.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Great additional details. My first guess would be an intermittent audio connection somewhere... But why it takes 10-15 minutes, more if it sits, to start producing audio is odd... A wild guess would be a failing capacitor or something taking time to charge up...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great forum here, thanks guys.

It is the Bose system. The radio does this every time the car sits. Once the radio comes on, it doesnt flicker or go off, works just fine. I even went on an hour drive, once it came on worked great.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Great forum here, thanks guys.

It is the Bose system. The radio does this every time the car sits. Once the radio comes on, it doesnt flicker or go off, works just fine. I even went on an hour drive, once it came on worked great.

Almost sounds like some sort of anti theft goings
Thank you for the replies, MuranoSL2003 and Imhotep.

The sound from the radio is the only thing affected, I can see and scroll through all options, load discs and see climate controlls.

No static, just no noise at all. It affects all systems that use the radio for sound, hands free calling, radio and CD player.

I dont know the age of the battery, no corrosion, will get it load tested and get back, great advice.

Thanks guys, any other opinions in the .ean time?

To me it kind of sounds like the head unit is going bad. And the Bose seems to have a lot of problems. If I wasn't moving away and leaving my car j would plan on changing out the deck.

But first go to the driver's side and check fuses at the bottom in my be experience none of those fuses will be related to the audio or head unit. But in the engine bay to the left of the battery if I you pull the cover up off the rectangular box you will find fuses related to the Bose system, in particular the audio fuse that it at the top right. It is a 15a ATM fuse. That being said if you buy replacements the ones at the driver's side are ATM-LP fuses and the ones at the engine bay are ATM fuses. This is true for my 2006 it might differ a bit since your 2nd generation.

·
Registered
12 Posts
D
Almost sounds like some sort of anti theft goings.

To me it kind of sounds like the head unit is going bad. And the Bose seems to have a lot of problems. If I wasn't moving away and leaving my car j would plan on changing out the deck.

But first go to the driver's side and check fuses at the bottom in my be experience none of those fuses will be related to the audio or head unit. But in the engine bay to the left of the battery if I you pull the cover up off the rectangular box you will find fuses related to the Bose system, in particular the audio fuse that it at the top right. It is a 15a ATM fuse. That being said if you buy replacements the ones at the driver's side are ATM-LP fuses and the ones at the engine bay are ATM fuses. This is true for my 2006 it might differ a bit since your 2nd generation.
Thanks for the info, is this what you called the "head unit"?

Machine tool Machine Metal Engineering Auto part

·
Registered
340 Posts
Yeah thats the head unit or brain. If it were me, having an electrical background I would start troubleshooting tha basics first. I would start at the bose stock amp under the passenger side rear seat and check for the amp-turn-on wire. See if it is supplying 12v during the time that there is no sound yet. I would also verify the main positive and negative is present there as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah thats the head unit or brain. If it were me, having an electrical background I would start troubleshooting tha basics first. I would start at the bose stock amp under the passenger side rear seat and check for the amp-turn-on wire. See if it is supplying 12v during the time that there is no sound yet. I would also verify the main positive and negative is present there as well.
2ndGenmaintainer....thanks for the info. I checked the amp. Was able to find the wire schematic that identified all the wires in the connectors. I was expecting only two or three wires comming from the AV, but there is one wire for every speaker. I only have a volt meter, and can say they all had power to the amp.
I included the schematic I have.

Font World Urban design Wall Art

Mesh Wall Material property Font Tints and shades

·
Registered
340 Posts
2ndGenmaintainer....thanks for the info. I checked the amp. Was able to find the wire schematic that identified all the wires in the connectors. I was expecting only two or three wires comming from the AV, but there is one wire for every speaker. I only have a volt meter, and can say they all had power to the amp.
I included the schematic I have.

View attachment 54505
View attachment 54504
Very good, great job!! Looks like you did measure 12v between pin #20 and ground? ??? A meter works for reference purposes. I do prefer a test light when working on these type of circuits. If you dont have voltage at the remote turn on pin, then it would point to anything between there and the head unit itself. If there is voltage at the remote turn on pin then, IMO it would point me to the amp itself and/or anything loose thereafter. On a side note, have you tried calling a paired phone during that ten minute outage?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts