Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I simply tap in to the lighter wiring (w/ a fuse) to power my external Sat receiver and still be able to leave the power outlet open for other devices?

I have the receiver hard mounted w/ a PAC AAI and the only exposed connection is that power plug now so I'd like it to be gone as well.

would a 10a fuse be appropriate?

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Look at the specs to see the amps, or watts used by the decice. Use a fuse that is one step higher than the amps required. To convert watts to amps for a 12 volt system, divide it by 12.

If you yap into cig lighter wire, there is no need for a fuse because that wire is already fused at the fuse box.

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
When Generator installed his "no nag" in my car, thats' where he tapped power from. We pulled the whole lighter assembly right out and tapped directly into the lines. His circuit uses almost no power, so he added an in-line fuse to protect the circuitry. Of course we got into the beer i brought too early, and he wired up the lighter backwards. Twice :) I also use the socket for my laptop and TuneBaseFM iPod Mini transmitter, and it works fine. Just noticed I never added the NoNag to my modlist. Hmm..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts