Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have Tardis like experiences with the Murano? I mean it looks so small from the outside, dinky is the word I have heard a lot....

As an anekdote yester I was parked a couple of bays away from an X5 and a Toureq...I guess we were all waiting for our partners and one guy came up to me, saying how happy he was he didn't order one because it is tiny....Pratt I though ;-)

Then I opened the door an invited him to take a look inside and have a seat...He jaw dropped about the amount of space....To demonstrate it even further I took out our pushchair (stroller) which lays flat against the backseat over the width of the car...And I invited them to try and do the same in the Toureq....He couldn't, only option was diagnally and then not even flat on the floor of the cargo area....

So the final thing we did, as boys do when they bored, we measured them....:2: I parked the Murano next to the X5, oh yes the Murano is longer by quite a few inches....

I must admit that I couldn't believe it myself when you just look at the outside....

The Murano should have been the Tardis for new series, it looks tiny but is really big...Now where have I heard that before....:D

·
Registered
61 Posts
dejongj said:

So the final thing we did, as boys do when they bored, we measured them....:2: I parked the Murano next to the X5, oh yes the Murano is longer by quite a few inches....

I can write my name in the snow with my MO. :2:

·
4,664 Posts
And it's not as cold either, that way...:rolleyes:

I too found the vehicle very deceiving for perceived space. Get in a Chrysler Pacifica, it's the opposite.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I owned both vehicles and got rid of my Touareg to get a Murano. To me there is no choice. The MO is a better vehicle for the money, even for more money.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is quite interesting to hear...Before the Murano we were deadset on the Toureq, still thinks it looks stunning, the Porsche equivalent is too much 'footballers wives'....

It is a car with big exterior dimensions, but the interior is so small we never even bothered to test drive it...

·
Registered
792 Posts
I've never thought the Murano to be small. My buddy calls it The Cave.

The Murano looks big next to the Typhoon. We were at my parents house and my dad has a king cab Duramax - the Murano parked next to that made the Murano really small.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I felt the same, my wife has an RX300... and before I brought it home I thought it was smaller... its actually much larger. I think the MO looks big when along side of it. From the front or back it looks a little smaller than an SUV.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Tardis effect

Just happy their are some folks on this forum old enough to remember "Dr Who" and the Tardis!

Concur; package fits nicely in the garage, yet seems very large inside!

Jo's MO

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
touareg..

That is quite interesting to hear...Before the Murano we were deadset on the Toureq, still thinks it looks stunning, the Porsche equivalent is too much 'footballers wives'....
Touareg fits anf finish is much better than murano's.
Its V8 and off road capability is also better than MO.
But aside from that, considering the cheaper V6 touareg and VW bad reliability, i will never consider touareg over murano any day. :4:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Tardis effect

Jo's MO said:
Just happy their are some folks on this forum old enough to remember "Dr Who" and the Tardis!

Concur; package fits nicely in the garage, yet seems very large inside!

Jo's MO
No need to be old ;-) The UK BBC has just launch a new a brand new series!!!!

It doesn't even come close to the original though...

·
4,664 Posts
Funniest thing I ever saw was the Kenny Everts(?) Video Show, I think it was called, where he reprogrammed the Daleks to be interior decorators....

They were running around spraying paint out the end of their guns, screaming, "Redecorate... REDECORATE!!!!"

·
4,664 Posts
I wonder how well they'd run the Nissan Service organisation?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If they are like in last Saturday's episode very well...Can you believe a Dalek said: "I like people, I want to help people, I care..."

This new series is just not the same, Dalek's are supposed to be evil ;-)

But, back on topic...In my experience (with past Nissan's, not the Murano yet...) is that the cars are a lot better then the service organisation....I've found the people to be rude, unhelpful and geared towards the Nissan Micra buying public, not the luxury car segment...This is ofcourse very much so a UK experience...

If our current dealer stays true to their word it should be a better experience...They stated that when we book it in for a service they will provide us with an X-Trail or Primera as courtesy car and not the 1 Litre engined Micra.....Time will tell....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts