Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I have a chance to get a 57 Tbird (I have a "thing" about them) , but I don't know as much as I should about them.....

This one is a Convertible with no Hard Top.

Can I just buy a hardtop or is there installation of hardware etc to be considered?

Hopin to find, by chance, a Tbird expert.........

Homer

·
Registered
758 Posts
Tbird

Homer, unfortunately I cannot help you with your question. I just wanted to say what an opportunity to get a great car. A true piece of Automotive art. What kind of shape is it in??

·
4,664 Posts
Do a search on "1957 Tbird problems" and you'll find a number of links to Tbird related forums and clubs.

I saw at least half a dozen without trying...

www.vintagethunderbirdclub.org
forums.thunderbirdforum.com
www.thunderbirds.org
thunderbirdconn.com
www.tbird.org
www.sactc.com
www.classictbird.com
www.squarebirds.org

I'm sure you'll find lots of info there, and maybe even a FAQ.

If you can find a local club and poll them for who seems to know the most, you might find some folks you can ask questions, like what to look out for.

Good luck Homer, they're beautiful cars. I know someone who has two. I'm going to see him tonight, so I'll ask him what he would do. He's not mechanically inclined, so I wouldn't call him expert, but he may know which direction to point you.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, jaak, I know how to use a computer.
I had about 15 minutes before the auction closed.

Didn't get it. Bid $25,990 and lost to $26,550

Oh well, maybe next time.

Homer

·
4,664 Posts
Homer, I'm curious, are you miffed because you missed it?

I wasn't aware there was a time constraint, and I think I realised a couple of years back that you know how to use a computer...

Just trying to help out. :confused:

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, not miffed.
Just stating the obvious.

That's the way auctions are.
I wouldn't have paid a dime more than I offered.
In fact, since I really wanted this one, I went a couple of hundred more than I was comfortable with.

BTW, I tried to delete the post after the auction and got this:

e
You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Logged in user: hfelknor [logout]

Forgotten your password?

What the deal with this?

Homer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts