Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed it before but did not pay much attention. However, today I decided to check it out. The outside temperature 70F as shown by the computer readout. Inside temperature adjusted to 70F as well. Pressed the E/M button and saw: outside – 21C, inside – 22.5C. Weird. I wonder how the computer is converting the readings – using a table or an algorithm.

Anybody out there noticed similar “problem”?

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't checked the entire temperature range though it seems that closer 70's i can see the difference. It seems like the computer reads from a table (corrupted one) and is not using algorithm. Though I can be wrong.........

I do press the E/M button quite often, maybe because of my background......;)

I prefer certain things metric and other E..........(I guess I am still subject of her..............:6:

Not very loyal though...

:22:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem that you mention.

I'm from Montreal city in Canada and I have the same problem and it worst becose you should have the milage too. I calculate the millage and I want to know if that was the good reading the it was wrote and there is a problem too on ths side. The computer is in us gallon (3.75) and since I live in Canada it should use canadian gallon (4.55).

The worst in this is that Nissan dont know this problem. I check with the new nissan murano 2004 and the nissan maxima 2004 and thesame problem arrive with there computer.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Given that the conversion from celsius to fahrenheit is incorrect (eg my computer thinks 19C is 63F which is wrong) does anyone know what units the temperature is measured in initially. In other words in my example which is correct, 19 or 63.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I leave mine on Fahrenheit all the time, and it is very accurate. So my guess is that the Celsius reading is probably incorrectly converted from Fahrenheit.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Does anyone know the location of the outside temp sensor?
Seems like it may be affected when sitting on hot asphalt or concrete. Is it down by the frame near the road surface?
Bob1

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
bob1 said:
Does anyone know the location of the outside temp sensor?
Seems like it may be affected when sitting on hot asphalt or concrete. Is it down by the frame near the road surface?
Bob1
It is mounted in front of the AC condensor, driver side vehicle of the car. You can see it looking through the lower front grill.

·
Registered
418 Posts
MIGBOU - As Canadians, we are supposed to relate to fuel economy in terms of # of litres consumed per 100 kilometers. In a previous thread it was confirmed this reading is reasonably accurate as calculated by the Murano computer in "metric". You are right, the miles per gallon is in U.S. gallons. As I cannot relate to the litres/per 100 kms, I just multiple by 6 / then devide by 5 to convert the mpg from U.S. to Imperial.

·
Registered
191 Posts
This F/C thingy is a complete fu**** up .
Why don't we stick to whatever the rest of the world uses? huh?
70 F doesn't tell me a thing, however 21.1C means warm....
I still can't explain to my American fellows that -40 F = -40.0 C
they just don't want to understand the mechanism of conversion.
just my $0.02

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
ra3boy said:
This F/C thingy is a complete fu**** up .
Why don't we stick to whatever the rest of the world uses? huh?
70 F doesn't tell me a thing, however 21.1C means warm....
I still can't explain to my American fellows that -40 F = -40.0 C
they just don't want to understand the mechanism of conversion.
just my $0.02
Its whichever measurement you grew up with, thats the one you are used to. In the United States, Fahrenheit is the norm, so 70 to me means nice warm day, 21C...not sure. ;)

The Murano's Celsius conversions are off though, as evidenced by posts here and at FA.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
If you travel a bit, you get used to other systems too.

Now, OTOH, if you can't handle two systems..........you probably need to carry a thermometer around. :D

I DON'T like the Canuck Liters per 100 Kilometers, but like any other standard, it makes it easy to compare two entities within the same system.
But compare it to MPG?
Beyond me.

I suggest we all measure everything in Farthings per Fortnight.

Homer

1 - 12 of 12 Posts