Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Enforcer has one and I can't find the thread or the URL to where all the pics are of it going up, etc.

I bought the 11 x 20 foot one today, and I'm assembling it top down (arch first, then legs, then the cover).

The instructions fail to state where 10 to 20 pieces go, and when they should go on. I am taking a wild guess.

I decided to put it so that when you get outa da car, you can just walk into the house... also means you have to walk through it to get to the house. 11 feet wide should be enough for that.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
... and there's a piece missing...

At least one piece is missing: one of 12 rings (look like shower curtain rings) is missing. Its replacement can be fitted later.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We will try that

Tomorrow, we will try that. It makes sense to put the cover on just the peak and shoulders. Then lift it all up onto the legs.

I think this one has a front section (fabric), back section, and a separate "roof". It has "doors" at both ends, but no side exits.

I have a friend who could assemble one of these blind-folded. He may be over tomorrow.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Darn you, Enforcer!

I go to my mom's house to stay every weekend. (She's a widower.) And while I'm cruising the forum, I show my mom Enforcer's tent and told her that you got it from Costco. So then she decided she wanted one for her patio!

And, of course, now that I own a Murano... I'm the prime candidate to go and get it! (Your picture of the boxes, etc. fitting in the Murano didn't help my cause any!) :p

So after countless hours at Costco, I can now say that my mom is the proud owner of a Costco Carport/Patio thingy. Guess who gets to put it together!

Darn you, Enforcer! :p

At least I got a Costco hot dog out of it! :D

Bob K.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Patio, Car, Grapes

That whole thing cost about the same as something I built to support grape vines, and the carport structure is actually better. Buying a 2nd one for grapes, or for whatever, would give me a spare cover for when this one dies from sun, pine sap, wind, age.

But I really like the looks of the white one from Costco in US, and maybe I'll drive down to some northeast Costco someday and get one of them.

Ours has no zipper, but it does have guy wires and large nails, plus clamps to go over the bottom horizontal rails, to nail it down. My neighbour's blew away (the whole thing) during a strong wind. He found it in the yard next to his.

I found a spot that is not too windy (sheltered by house, shed and existing carport), not too sunny (shaded by trees) and not too sappy (space between two big trees).

They recommend a minimum of 300 pounds of weight to weigh down a 16-foot version, and mine is 20 feet long.

Sand bags on the feet? Gonna be fun!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Excessive never blew away

I believe in overkill.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts