Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never owned a Nissan before. I will be buying a MO soon (as soon as I can find one with the options/color I want). One thing I wish Nissan/Honda and a few others wouldn't do is let all their vehicles be test driven. Sure, I guess if I wanted a particular one on the lot it's nice to test drive THAT one but when people don't buy they end up having 10 cars on the lot - all with miles on them - possibly HARD miles as people are trying to see what the vehicle can do. At that point it's a used car in my opinion and should be discounted. I test drove an Acura TL for example and they have one car dedicated to test drives and will sell it as a demo. The one you buy goes right from the truck to the parking space. But again, I admit I would like to drive "the one" I'm going to buy. Another daunting dilemma ...

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
:confused:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Well I could see if a car had a couple hundred miles on it but I don't believe 25 or 30 miles even if driven hard will hurt it much. I just bought mine last Saturday and I test drove a couple before I picked this one and it had 11 miles on it so I don't know if that is what most of them have or if maybe 1 or 2 people may have driven but I like it either way.:cool:

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
I had one car brought down from Vegas and another up from Tuscon. Fine by ME.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I just test drove one on the lot HARD, just 50 miles on the OD, and then a week later decided in fact that was the one I wanted and went back and ate my own lunch :rolleyes:

·
Registered
203 Posts
It must be different in the States because every car I have ever driven for a test drive was a demo. No way will they let you pick a new car in the lot to test drive around here. Personally, I wouldn't like it either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts