Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I had my alt replaced on July 28th and on July 29th I pulled out of the driveway and headed north to escape the heat down here in Florida.

After a couple of days I was on the "east" shore of VA and man do they have good seafood! Went to a restaurant that has ONLY fresh fish. When they are out of each "special" they take it off the menu and when they take the last item off, they close.
Typically they close around 7 pM.
Best Flounder I have had in years.
Still hot up there tho.

A couple of days later and I was in Canada.
Near the 1000 lakes area.
Technically the cottage i was visiting was on the Rideux (sp?) system of lakes. 7 nice lakes all connected and the whole thing connected to the St Lawrance via locks.
Didn't help. Temps were in the low 90s.
I thought Canada was cold..........

Then back down to the real reason for the trip.
Visiting friends in the backmountain area of PA and then on to South Jersey.
PA was over 90 (most unusual for the Poconos) and Jersey was flirting with 100 degrees.
Whose stupid idea was this anyway? Florida was cooler than these places!
Finally we made the run for home and came in today at noontime.
It was only 95 degrees here..............
Man this has been a killer summer.

We had one "incident".

New Jersey has been taken over by the Black Shirts and you MUST let them pump the gas (Why is that? It doesn't do anything but make jersey look stupider than normal) (BTW I am originally from Jersey and I reserve the right to knock the state as much as I want);)
So, sure enough on the trip to Canada my Service Engine Soon light came on and I had to take it into Davidson Nissan in Watertown NY.
Sure enough, the nimrod in Jersey had not tightened the gas cap.
The people at Davidson Nissan couldn't have been nicer and they "squeezed" me in.

The Murano performed flawlessly.
I ended up with 3700 miles on the new alternator.
Got 22.8 MPG, which I consider satisfactory at 75-80MPH in this heat.

I feel a lot more confident in the car since the recall.
(I didn't even take the title with me this time!....I DID have a couple of antacid moments over the SES light.)

Homer

·
5,268 Posts
Hi Homer,

glad you had great experience! And glad to see you back on the board!

·
Registered
323 Posts
I avoid letting ANYONE, other than people I know and trust, touch my cars for anything. They seem to always screw it up somehow.... even simple things like oil changes or putting in gas.

·
Registered
792 Posts
It's a good thing you didn't come to Chicago - it's been between 90-100 most of the summer.

Glad to hear the trip went well.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
TopazM3 said:
I avoid letting ANYONE, other than people I know and trust, touch my cars for anything. They seem to always screw it up somehow.... even simple things like oil changes or putting in gas.
What Homer was referring to was that in some states (i.e. Jersey, Oregon, and possibly others) you are not allowed to pump your own gas. The gas station attendant will do it for you, its almost like full serve, but its called "mini-serve" (at least in Oregon it is, never been to Jersey).

·
Registered
792 Posts
Now, that's a job I'd like to have. Stand around and sniff gasoline fumes all day...Mmmmm...gas fumes.

:1:

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Like ...

TopazM3 said:
For example, filling the murano with the diesel fuel for instance? :2:

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Re: Like ...

SugarRushMurano said:

For example, filling the murano with the diesel fuel for instance? :2:
Does a diesel nozzle fit into a gasoline car gas filler hole?

·
5,268 Posts
Eric,

it does not have to fit............with some people and places "anything is possible"..................

I test many thing before sending it to the field. usually if it passes the monkey test (in Atlanta ZOO) it is likely to be OK with .................no i will not name them........anyway did you notice I said "it is likely"...........:D

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
What is this NJ Black Shirts Thing?

Info on the they gotta pump thing, Ounds scary. Can't you pump your own anymore?

·
5,268 Posts
Not in NJ..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts