Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to you NissanMo.org enthusiasts:

If it weren't for you I would still be thinking that I got a great deal on my MO -- I did get a good deal, but not a great deal. :1pat:

If it weren't for you I would never have heard of Zaino, and I could have applied my bi-annual dose of Turtle Wax and felt plenty virtuous about it. :1pat:

If it weren't for you I would be blissfully enjoying Smooth Jazz without knowning how terrible my Bose system is -- and I would have happily gone on thinking my Murano has everything I need to start SAT radio service any time I want. :1pat:

If it weren't for you I wouldn't feel the need to post a guard over my HIDs whenever I leave my car. And I would think I have some cool bright white lights but not feel a strong need to match my other lights to them. :1pat:

If it weren't for you I wouldn't be stressed over the fact that I bought a demo and have no idea how it was broken in. :1pat:

If it weren't for you I wouldn't be frantically listening to every little noise praying it won't be the dreaded window tap (not so far).
:1pat:

If it weren't for you I would have to try to ignore my image of the Murano's grille causing the SUV to look a little like a smiley whale (especially the blue and black ones). Now I have to save up for an after market grille. :1pat:

If it weren't for you I would never have heard of a K & N air filter much less wanted one. :1pat:

If it weren't for you I would have no desire for an aftermarket hitch, body side molding, an infinite number of bug and weather guards, or an invisible bra but now I want them just because they exist. :1pat:

If it weren't for you I could spend more time driving my Mo than hanging out here trying to become a super senior member. :1pat:

If it weren't for you I would never have heard of debadging (have to admit it is a great improvement on the dishwasher) :29:

Because of you my NiMo friends, my simple adoration of my new car has become a full-time obsession. As they say, "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing." And so I thank you.

:20: ;) :20: ;) :20: ;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Great post, I love it! i can relate to that, just a bit :29:
I've debadged, done the sat install, thought about upgrading the speakers, have the zaino kit in the garage waiting for a warm day, and I'm really worried about someone taking a crowbar to by HID's!!:(

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Just wait until the aftermarket responds and you get bitten by the mod bug. Then it gets really fun! Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I can truly relate, but not as much with the MO...

I use to own a 94 300ZX twin-turbo, truly one of the most powerful Nissan cars ever build and sold in North America, however also one of the most expensive and difficult to fix as well.

I became a huge Z buff spending hours and hours up on various Z web sites chatting about every aspect of the 300ZX. Eventually I was so concerned about issues and problems with my Z, I almost didn't want to drive it for fear that it would blow-up. I never owned a car that I was so aware of every sound, noise, look, upgrade and problem on.

Worse yet, with all the aftermarket modification for the 90-96 300ZX, I was at constant odds of what to up-grade next. I became obsessed spending thousands on everything from Brembo racing breaks to giant turbos, to ECU control devices. This became the MOST expensive hobby that I had ever encountered in life.

After I sold it, I promised myself that I would never spend so much money upgrading another car ever again, and I would also spend far less time up on car web sites worrying about my cars.

So far I haven't upgraded my new MO or 350Z at all, and I spend far less time reading web boards about problems with cars (unless I need to). I now really enjoy both of my cars, and thought I still pamper them like my offspring, I don't worry about them far as much.

We'll see how long it last. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
37 Posts
XOC! Wow, a true supporter of NiMo. Ain't he great? I agree, the forum has been great for all of us. By the way, I love the huge smily grill on my midnight blue MO! MOjoe:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts