Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks all!

Getting ready to order a new Murano and happened upon this site. What a great help! From the possible problems and fixes to the WONDERFUL pics! I swear I've looked at them a thousand times trying to pick a color. The MO looks good in all of um. I think I'm heading for black. That's the color today anyway. LOL. Yesterday it was pewter. Day before, silver. Day before, black. That's two black's. LOL. Order is about to go in and I gotta choose....Black. For now...

Black, chrome, SE, Loaded completely. Nuts? Probably... but what the heck...

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the great info! I'm sure I will be checking out this site quite a bit. Gonna take several months for my order to come in so lets hope for patience....I'll just have to look at the pic's until then.

DreamMO
:2:

·
Registered
834 Posts
Sounds good (I'd just get Silver :D )

Agreed, get it loaded. It's best to get things installed by the factory as some items can not or are too hard to install later. I was going to skip the Nav, but am sooo glad I got it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Black it is. Loaded SE. Midnight blue put in as second choice if for some reason they can't do black. :confused: Out of paint?

I really looked at all the colors. Honestly like them all. Impossible to choose! LOL. Ended up going with first impression. Always wanted a black car and the Murano just looks so Mean in it while still keeping its class. Yea, the lines are lost a bit--but not too much for me. Besides, they'll show up fine when its dirty grey. LOL.

Yep--I'm reading up on your detailing tips too. Great info.

Now the wait begins. Told to expect 5 months. Geez.

Thanks again all!

·
5,268 Posts
Congratulations! Good choice.

But 5 months wait? I would go apes! I waited 3 hours, i.e. how long it took dealer to fill in all papers!:D

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I went with Midnight Blue since I used to have a Super Black 97 Maxima. The blue is dark enough that most people think its black, but when the sun hits it just right - wow that brilliant shimmering metallic blue is stunning.

As with any dark car, it will be difficult to keep it clean.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I vote for black (as long as you don't live in Pittsburgh, I like being the only one):D

·
Registered
564 Posts
Great color choice! I got the Black SE (Cafe Latte leather interior), fully loaded (minus chrome wheels). Still loving it a week or so after pick up. Yes, the black shows every SPECK of dirt and even a little sprinkle will leave spots, but nothing looks as good cleaned up. Besides, this will be my third black car. What can I say, I'm addicted to the color!!

ps: FIVE months?? My dealer screwed up the order and it still only took three and a half months from order to pick up. Check again with the dealer as three months is the typical time frame.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I must admit Black does look the best. You do have few things to think about, will you maintain that car like a demon? Black looks the best when spotless and the worst when dirty. Heat, not an issue where you are but try holding your hand a few inches above a black car in the summer sun, you can cook an egg with the heat. I did this on the Nissan lot when going thru the color thing. Try the same test on a lighter color, unbelivable difference. Again, may not be a big issue in PA. I'm really pleased with the Polished Pewter, seems that the dirt is not quite as noticeable.
Someone (forgot who) posted some unbeliveable pics of a black Mo on one of the threads. I could never get the Pewter to shine like that.
Good luck with your choice. The only thing I can add is that they all look good and you can't make a bad choice, maybe one more practical then others but all good in my book.

Bob1

1 - 9 of 9 Posts