Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK folks, time to do some sleuthing! While we saw the incremental changes in the 03 to 04 Murano, I expect we'll see at least the same from the 04 to 05. However, there are other market dynamics at force here. The Murano is being introduced into new markets, and like US/Canada, there's bound to be some slight differences in the configuration and models, to address these markets.

Post what you find and we'll try to sort out what's fact and what's fiction...

As a starter, this excerpt from a press release on www.nissannews.com

Murano

The 2004 Nissan Murano sport utility vehicle is Nissan’s first entry into the crossover SUV segment. Introduced in 2003, Murano comes with a standard 245 horsepower 3.5-liter DOHC V6 and offers the first North American standard application of Nissan’s advanced Xtronic CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission). Also available on Murano is a new AWD system for enhanced all-weather performance.

Enhancements to the 2004 Murano:
·Manual shift mode for CVT on SE Models
·Added Sunroof and Touring Packages
·Standard 10-way power driver’s seat with power lumbar (replaces 8-way power seat with manual lumbar)
·Standard satellite radio pre-wiring and available mobile entertainment system pre-wiring (reception available when properly equipped with antenna and receiver and service activated)
Remember, Nissan has sites for other parts of the world and you can use web translating software to read the sites that aren't in english. Even if you don't find anything, it's amusing to see how the machines translate!

Also, if you find data from other sites, please have a look around on them. Someone may have discovered some good Nissan things to know, that could be shared.

And of course, there's the undocumented features, such as the additional menu capabilities that bless the '04.

Now where's that crystal ball I had?:)

·
Registered
133 Posts
What additional "04 menu capabilities"??

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Boobaba said:
What additional "04 menu capabilities"??
You can adjust autoheadlight sensitivity and alarm arming settings with the addition center display menus I think. On the 03, it can be adjusted via Consult2.

·
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Excerpt from Truck Trend's review of the 2004 Geneva Auto Show www.trucktrend.com

2005 Nissan Murano
Starting in early 2005, Nissan will offer the Murano crossover vehicle in selected European markets. As in the US, Nissan's revival in Europe is product-led and will illustrate to continental customers that Nissan offers innovative products in key market segments. The biggest difference between the US and European versions of the Murano is that in Europe, the Murano will be marketed standard with a six-speed continuously variable transmission (CVT) mated to Nissan's all Mode full-time 4x4 system. Usually used as a means of enhancing engines with low power and torque outputs, in the Murano, the CVT keeps Nissan's 3.5-liter V-6 engine always in the optimum torque band.

·
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Machine translated from http://motori.tiscali.it Did you know you were driving a WALL? Machine translations are funny, but you get the idea...

NISSAN WALLS: TRAVEL IN FIRST CLASS
In sale also in Europe to leave from the beginning of the 2005 this crossover of lusso it is the perfect synthesis between design, dynamic praticità, spaciousnesses and performances.

With the arrival of They wall, the range Nissan in Europe will become rich of an unknown model. Draft, in fact, of a vehicle crossover of lusso, thought for who wishes something in more respect to a traditional car. They wall in fact is an authentic one 4x4 with advanced integral traction, that it conjugates the spaciousness, the typical line and the praticità of a cross-country vehicle with the dynamic performances of one car of lusso.

The wide circles and mark passaruota to you confer them a vigorous, sport and powerful aspect, ulteriorly exalted dall?angolatura of the windshield and from the double exhaust manifold. However, the realization of the facade, the cut ricurvo of the third window and the line of ascending auto body attenuate the aggressiveness of the vehicle. The baggage car, spazioso already of for himself thanks to the compact design of the posterior suspension multilink, can ulteriorly be widened. The posterior seats are, in fact, completely abbattibili by means of a commando at a distance that it concurs to uncouple them from the cargo bay. The inner ones are rich of solutions portaoggetti, as the comparto to two levels endowed of lock in the consul they, the pockets centers on the porter with flap dividing.

The equipment of series of Walls will comprise the navigation system to satellitare, the coverings in skin, the climatizzatore and l?impianto audio Bose to seven loudspeakers. The leading seat offers eight various options of regulation in order to assure the position of ideal sitting. This flexibility is exalted from the presence of one characteristic exclusive right in the segment of the crossover: the possibility to regulate the position of the pedals, in order to guarantee to leading one new dimension of the comfort. They wall mounts the motor leggendario V6 VQ Nissan with 3,5 liters. With i its 245 CV and i 333Nm of brace, give fluid and linear performances, optimized from the revolutionary change to continuous variation CVT, XTronic.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I've read several reviews of the right hand drive Murano sold in Great Britain, which was introduced shortly after the North American launch in Nov 2002. It seems identical to the US spec Murano.

Usually for foreign markets, manufacturers take a US model, put a smaller engine in it (since gas is more expensive in Europe and Asia), tighten up the handling, and sell it as is. That is about all I would expect for any major changes to the Murano in foreign markets.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Nissan product cycle

Nissan's vehicles are on a five year product cycle. But for minor refinements and features, which are generally upgrades (e.g., new "stick-shift" mode in the SE), the vehicles don't change much within a "generation." This means that with an initial model intro in MY 2003, the next generation, totally redesigned Mo should not be out until MY 2008.

·
British Cat Juggler
147 Posts
Eric L. said:
I've read several reviews of the right hand drive Murano sold in Great Britain, which was introduced shortly after the North American launch in Nov 2002. It seems identical to the US spec Murano.....
http://www.nissan.co.uk/uk/murano/murano.html

Says on the Nissan UK website that the Murano will be released there next year....

I'm not being pedantic, but I'm British and want to recommend the car to family and friends back home...

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
malaycobra said:

http://www.nissan.co.uk/uk/murano/murano.html

Says on the Nissan UK website that the Murano will be released there next year....

I'm not being pedantic, but I'm British and want to recommend the car to family and friends back home...
My mistake. I must have read a British review of US spec Murano. Sorry for the misinformation.

·
British Cat Juggler
147 Posts
No probs.
They claim the car will be exactly the same as US spec ('Cept the steering wheel of course)
I am not sure how wise that is with fuel at something like $6 a gallon, insurance sky-high and draconian taxation for company cars with big engines...yep 2 litre is considered a BIG engine in the UK.

Interesting to see how well it is recieved...

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Trying to revive this thread.

Elsewhere on the forum people have been recieving adds for different 2005 Nissan models, but no mention yet for the 2005 MO. I've been looking for information since (as most of you know) I'm still debating whether to get a 2004 or wait for the 2005 to see what they change. But alas, I have not yet found anything.

Even rumors would be nice, if anyone has any! ;)

~ Corin

·
5,244 Posts
Corin said:
Trying to revive this thread.

Elsewhere on the forum people have been recieving adds for different 2005 Nissan models, but no mention yet for the 2005 MO. I've been looking for information since (as most of you know) I'm still debating whether to get a 2004 or wait for the 2005 to see what they change. But alas, I have not yet found anything.

Even rumors would be nice, if anyone has any! ;)

~ Corin
man, get a CAR and stop whining.....there is always something better around the corner.......anjoy life while you can:D

sorry, could not resist;)

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
I completely agree with Kris..

when you want to get a car, test drive it, like it and buy it.
(Vini, Vidi, Vici = you see, you come, you conquer - Julius Caesar)

I can understand why people are not buying 1st year all-new model (in this case the murano 2003), yet waiting for year after year of that same model hoping the flaws have been ironed out is no fun :p . Same premise, why dont wait until the last year of murano (maybe 2007) so that all the bads will have been taken care off? :rolleyes:

By that time(year 2007), nissan will already have released all-new murano II and our current murano will be not 'all-new' model.
To me the whole idea to buy the murano is to make people head's turn and to drive comfortably.

The sooner i get the new toy, the more unique I am.
The longer you wait, the fun will subcide.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Re: I completely agree with Kris..

SugarRushMurano said:
when you want to get a car, test drive it, like it and buy it.
(Vini, Vidi, Vici = you see, you come, you conquer - Julius Caesar)

I can understand why people are not buying 1st year all-new model (in this case the murano 2003), yet waiting for year after year of that same model hoping the flaws have been ironed out is no fun :p . Same premise, why dont wait until the last year of murano (maybe 2007) so that all the bads will have been taken care off? :rolleyes:

By that time(year 2007), nissan will already have released all-new murano II and our current murano will be not 'all-new' model.
To me the whole idea to buy the murano is to make people head's turn and to drive comfortably.

The sooner i get the new toy, the more unique I am.
The longer you wait, the fun will subcide.
I totally agree as well!! I had also debated with myself over waiting for the 05s to come out, but couldn't get any answers as to when or what changes...so I said.....screw it!! I want it now, I've wanted it for about a year now, hell with it, I'm getting it!!

So there you have it, I agree, If you want it now and like what you see now on the road, just get it.

I have an 03 altima, they changed the interior in the 05, it's the way it always goes....but who cares!! I love my alty the way it was when I bought it. I'm sticking with it.

Take care

·
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sometimes they make changes to a model, that you don't like, then you have a hard time finding one in the colour and option configuration you want, in the old model...

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
jaak said:
Sometimes they make changes to a model, that you don't like, then you have a hard time finding one in the colour and option configuration you want, in the old model...
Actually, that's one of the things I'm worried about. Most likely I'll get the 2004 (might put in the factory order next week).

Thanks to the advice from some people here, I just rented a Murano from Enterprise for a weekend-long test drive! :2:

~ Corin

·
5,244 Posts
Corin said:

Actually, that's one of the things I'm worried about. Most likely I'll get the 2004 (might put in the factory order next week).

Thanks to the advice from some people here, I just rented a Murano from Enterprise for a weekend-long test drive! :2:

~ Corin
Good idea.........good luck with driving. i am sure you will love it, I mean the MO! Even though it is a rental!:D

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Kris said:
Good idea.........good luck with driving. i am sure you will love it, I mean the MO! Even though it is a rental!:D
Interesting note:
I have always been in the mindset that I want the SE version. I want the handling and I like the idea of the "manual mode" shifting. However, my rental is an SL and I'm finding that I really like the sport mode (jumping back and forth between drive and sport) so I'm actually reconsidering my SE decision and might go for an SL.

Handling is better on the SE, but certainly not bad on the SL. Plus the SL is a quieter ride. ARG!!! I can't make up my frickin' mind!!!
:banghead:

~ Corin

P.S. Yes I know this is off topic for this thread, but I'm too lazy to start a new one for this... :23:

·
5,244 Posts
I can understand your frustration. My first car was a manual stick and I would bet I would never swap it for auto tranny…….till I tried one! Now I drive MO with CVT and FX with 5 speed manumatic. I can tell you one thing I rarely use the manual option on FX. And the Ds on Murano does wonders! It will take you from 0 to 118 keeping the engine in power band RPM! Sporty drive indeed…….I love it…hope it will last……..but then again I have 5 years/100k warranty…….

Corin,

Go for what your heart tells you and NEVER look back. Just enjoy..
:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts