Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 Murano

I'm about to buy a 2004 Murano, Does anyone know what's going to be different in the 2005???
I'll be getting an SL, w/Touring package and Navigation, Pearl white.
Mr.A

·
Registered
43 Posts
Major difference from 04 to 05 is the serial number from what I've heard ....

REVHIGH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I said to my self (my self maybe we should wait to see if they change the rims, or add more things to the package before we buy are MO..)LOL..
Thanks for the reply
Mr.A

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Mr A.. something to consider....

2005 Murano
I'm about to buy a 2004 Murano, Does anyone know what's going to be different in the 2005???
If the 04 and 05 does not change significantly, try to find an 04 to save some $$$. When i goy my 03 Mo, it was around the month of nov hence the o4 model is on its way coming to the showroom (they were still at the port in Japan literally).

The dealer gave me instant $3000 discount when i inquire for the car. Of course after some haggling and bargain, i got the car for alomost $1000 below invoice and some service coupons discounts up to 60,000 miles.

Just a tip there...
Of course if money is no problem, get the 05

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Re: 2005 Murano

Mr. A said:
Mr.A
The only specific thing that I have heard is that they are going to correct the steering problem that Consumer Reports found.

I'm waiting for the 2005 in the hopes that they change some of the packaging options. I want the VDC package, but I do NOT want the touring package (I hate leather). For some stupid reason you have to get the touring package in order to get the VDC package on the 03 and 04 models.

I'm also hoping that they manage to correct some of the little squeaks and rattles that people have been complaining about.

Either way, I will be getting a MO, just hoping that they'll change a few things in my favor and not mess up anything in the process! :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I thought I read somewhere that the '05 models will have cd decks capable of playing MP3s. Isn't the new Pathfinder capable of this?

Does anyone have any ETA of when they will, at least, be announced? I am ready to buy but if the '05 is around the corner, I'd rather just wait for that model... not that the '04 is something to balk at- especially with the deals that are available.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
An MP3 capable deck should have been standard equipment in 2003. Now I am stuck trying to order a PAC adapter which might never ship.

The '05 models should start rolling into the dealer lots late Aug, early Sept. In late Sept the car dealers usually have a sale to clear out the remaining previous year models.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
well last year nissan had charting the changes posted for the 04 models on july 15. i dunno but looks like nissan is keep stuff on the low down or there not sure of what's goin on themsleves. maybe they'll have something special in store for us.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Maybe the dealers are asking for a small delay.
Might be too many 04s on the lots and still in the pipeline.
Sales have been off about 15%.

We'll probably know in another two weeks.

Homer

·
Registered
554 Posts
Sales have been off about 15%.
Really? This week's Automotive News noted that Nissan's exports are up considerably over last year, due in large part to the increased sales numbers for the Murano - one of Nissan's top two in-demand import vehicles (the other being the Infiniti G35). Considering that the Z, Murano and all Inifinitis come from Japan, that speaks pretty well fo the Murano.

·
Registered
263 Posts
RE: Mo's sales volume

I agree...

Just past my MO dealer at Hawaii today, they used to have many MO on the parking lots for sale with the big advertisement...I dont see too many MO's on parking lot today...I peek inside the glass showroom too on the red light...Nope, No MO's in there too.

Instead, I have seen more MO's on da street rollin~

Nizmo

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I don't do sales figures and percentages based on guesswork.

June sales figures. July not out yet.

Model-Jun04-Jun03-%Change-CYTD04-CYTD03-CYTD%Change
Frontier 6,164 5,264 12.4 33,686 29,748 12.5
Xterra 4,699 6,203 -27.3 33,166 31,146 5.8
Pathfinder 2,351 2,756 -18.1 13,487 17,278 -22.5
Murano 4,149 4,720 -15.6 26,955 25,191 6.3
Armada 2,919 N/A N/A 16,163 N/A N/A
Titan 7,606 N/A N/A 34,317 N/A N/A
Quest 4,640 167 2567.3 25,791 2,792 817.7
-Total Truck 32,528 19,110 63.4 183,565 106,155 71.8

(CYTD=Car year to date)

Note that truck figures are up because the Titan and Armada were at zero one year ago and the Quest was brand new.

As stated. the Murano sales were down by 15.6% from June of 03 to June of 04.
COULD be a pullback from all SUVs because of high Gasoline prices.
Don't know.
DO know that Murano sales are down based on latest figures.

Note that the Murano HAD been selling well and with sales drop in June, the overall sales for 04 are still up 6.3% for the year.
But, what we are seeing here is a possible trend downward.

For complete listing see

http://www.nissannews.com/

Bookmark it. As you can see, there are lots of interesting storys that come out there.:cool:

Homer

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I doubt a one month drop in sales will affect overall sales very much in a year. That said, I prefer the Murano to not sell in masses like Highlander/Pilot, keeps the car unique, but not exclusive.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Shows what a rebate program will do.

I too like the volume that the Murano sells.

50K/60K or so per year will keep it around, but you don't see them everywhere.
It does hurt aftermarket of course.

In any event, we need to keep an eye on the US web site too.
The changes on the 05 should be stated very soon.

Homer

·
Registered
20 Posts
Specs for the new Japan MO

Found this link yesterday. Seems like it was posted on 7/28.
This is the new website for the new MO--Japanese market.

Seems like the colors will remain the same.
They are offering Two rear view cameras.:4:
They offer 4 cylinder Auto Transmission.

Is there anyone out there that can read Japanese? :4: :)

If you can help translate some of the specs that would be appreciated.

Wonder what will make it to the 2005 MO. I thinking most of it except the 4cyl. version with AT.

Check it Out. See what you can decifer.

http://murano.nissan.co.jp/

----------------
kokomo

·
Registered
545 Posts
My dealer is loaded with MO's.
As a matter of fact, the salesguy I dealt with tells me that the MO's are not selling as well now as when I purchased back in late March. Blame escalating gas prices on that I guess.

This dealership has a separate lot several miles away from the main place where they store the cars after unloading and he says that's jammed with MO's. Also stated that they are or will be giving $1000 rebates on MO.

·
Registered
23 Posts
elliotgb said:
My dealer is loaded with MO's.
As a matter of fact, the salesguy I dealt with tells me that the MO's are not selling as well now as when I purchased back in late March. Blame escalating gas prices on that I guess.

This dealership has a separate lot several miles away from the main place where they store the cars after unloading and he says that's jammed with MO's. Also stated that they are or will be giving $1000 rebates on MO.
Who is your dealer? We were at the Exton Nissan a couple of Sundays ago and didn't see that many. We are looking for a Gold one. Also on the Nissan inventory page it didn't show that it had that many. Only one gold one and it didn't have the options we wanted.

·
Registered
25 Posts
From my limited japanese, it seems the Japanese Murano will have 2 different engine choices: 3.5L with CVT and 2.5L with regular AT. Both models come standard with the front, side, back camera for parking assist with infrared for night use, and show the image on the color LCD display, which is standard for all models and come with TV tuner. (why don't we have that option?) The 3.5L has standard DVD-based Nagviation system. (but the footnote says it can't play DVD video) The Bose audio system is standard for all models and it has 7 speakers like ours but the headunit has single CD and MD (mini disc) and supports an external CD changer (optional). The electronic toll paying device is a dealer option. They have some weird option like electronic air fresher. (air fresher???)

1 - 20 of 76 Posts