Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know that in another thread there was mention of suburu coming out with the "tribeca" and that it seemed to look just like the MO... but jeese, by the look of this picture they practically copied the thing i think... minus the lights, they look like the porshe suv... what are your thoughts and opinions....? I dunno as of yet.. dont car companies have copyright priviledges?:confused:

Attachments

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
heres another pic of the front... ill post more if i can find them

heres the link to the article about it... in detail about safety features... etc.

The Tribeca

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
The front of that Subaru reminds me of what the LOVE CHILD of a Ford Edsel and a MO might look like!

lol

Yuck.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
looks prety good.

But did Nissan assemble it? Looks like whoever did, put the grill on upside down.:rolleyes:

Homer

·
Registered
80 Posts
There was a short blurb in the March 2005 issue of Motor Trend.

It is a one page writeup, with half the page as a picture, a 5 paragraph write up with test drive summary and a short table of specs.

Planned to be out June 2005 with estimated price of $32K.

It will have 3 rows of seats (third row delete option)

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
apparently, in my findings, they are using that burnt orange color as their signiture color for the tribeca....does nissan know about this? or is their head in the clouds about this too?

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
The rear of the Tribeca looks more like the FX (or a squashed X5) than a Murano. The front grille is the result of the designer of the vehicle - who came from Alfa Romeo's studios.

I have a feeling the Tribeca will be underpowered. A 3.0L flat six making 250hp, but only 217lb/ft torque. Pulling 4000lbs, it probably can't keep up with a Murano but will be marginally faster than a V6 Touareg.

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
and here's a pic of their future sports car.... not to be out until 2007-2008.... i really like this one....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
jes6431 said:
and here's a pic of their future sports car.... not to be out until 2007-2008.... i really like this one....
Now that does look sporty. The alfa grille works better on - big revelation here - a sports car! One wonders if the subie 2 seater will have the mechanicals of the excellent STi.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was in a focus group for this car about 4 months ago. They unveiled it and all the logos were taped over. I somehow knew it was a Subaru. Unfortunately we did not get to drive it. Apparently Subaru is going to market as a "luxury" vehicle. I don't think luxury when I think Subaru. There is a ridge running all the way across the back that is HIDEOUS. The grille is too big. There is a third row seat that is only accessible to children. The rear seat was a little cramped, compared to the MO. It had factory DVD. My impression of the interior was the leather was pretty nice, but there was too much shiny plastic chrome. It reminded me of Chrysler's overuse of shiny plastic chrome. Overall I was underwhelmed with it. The MO runs circles around this vehicle.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
userboy I am sure glad you said all that , I felt it, but didn't want to be the curmudgeon.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I think this car will fall flat on it's face (which ironically could make it look better..LOL!!) given the styling and the price. It just won't work! Just hope that the SAAB version will turn out better.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I think the Subaru, while kind of ugly up front, is not hideous like an Aztec or the El Camino like thing Subaru was selling a couple years ago (the outback wagon which was chopped into a strange pickup thing). As such, there are plenty of loyal Subaru fans out there who would probably flock to the Tribeca, that is, when their existing Legacies and Imprezas finally give out (which might be never).

·
Registered
758 Posts
Tribeca

I agree (I also think the grille is just butt ugly and may steer people away). The Tribeca looks to have all of the aspects of some of the most popular SUV's/Crossovers on the market. The front end looks like the Cayenne, the side profile reminds me of the Murano, and the rear end reminds me of the FX.

·
4,664 Posts
Not interested, it's designed by stylists used to creating things using Mr. Potato Head. Parts are stuck on, without really making it flow.

Speaking of "Why would you buy one of those?" I'm astounded what KIA asks for their upscale SUV. When told the price, I started laughing and told the guy I must have heard him wrong. That was at an auto show, just before I got the Murano.

I also looked at the Pacifica, which I had only seen in brochures at that stage. There was that third row of seating that I can't stand. I don't want a bus, I want a comfortable vehicle. The orange peel in the paint finish and the two foot thick doors didn't help, either.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
The more I look at it I like it. The interior has a nice flow.... it does have heated windscheild wipers and 10 cup holders. I bet none of them can be "kicked" open like the rears in the MO.

I still like the lines better on the MO.

·
5,100 Posts
I don't know where to go to see the interior, however I did notice this " A touch-screen navigation system" as an option. :)

·
5,100 Posts
Jazt Interior

I see what you mean. Thanks for the link. Grip :D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts