Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In keeping with my trend of investigating rattles... ;)

Some owners have mentioned that they are getting a rattle from the A pillar. This would be the frontmost pillar on either side of your windshield.

Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this one as well.

I have the A pillar rattle on my passenger side. It is very noticeable when it is cold out (first starting in the morning, in winter) and it eventually goes away. I have tried checking the fit of the pillar cover and it seems solid, but I could be mistaken.

What are your experiences?

·
Registered
834 Posts
No A pillar rattle, yet. Just driver B pillar noise.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I had that one too! It sounded like it was coming from where the a-pillar trim meets the dash. I had a hands free phone kit installed and the installer removed that panel to hide a wire for a glass mount antenna in the upper right corner of the windshield, and now the noise is gone.

I would recommend removing the panel and padding the contact points before re-installation. That is waht I was going to do, until it was taken care of for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a similar rattle in mine. It seems to originate where the A-pillar meets the dashboard on the passenger side.

I have had it to the dealer 3 times with no resolution. :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
I also have this noise on the passenger side. I hadn't realized it until I fixed the dreaded window rattle - thanks to Newjack!! Anyway, I was going to try to pushing a chunk of foam or something between the A-pillar and the dash, to wedge it like the door panel. The A-pillar trim cover certainly has some movement, and I can hear it click a little when I push on it, so I think a wedge might help. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My rattle was prodominate in the passenger side as well. It didn't stop until I took a piece of plastic and wedged it in between the dash and the side pillar. That stopped the noise on that side and then the noise started on the driver side. I did the same thing to the driver's side and it seems to have cleared up the noise.

My only problem is now, that I was so distracted with the noises from the front of the car that I now hear all the Window rattles.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, seems like another wedge up there between the dash and A pillar cover is a good solution.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I can't believe we all bought Nissans so we don't have these issues! Nissan better figure out some non "getto" way to fix these issues. My wife 3 yr. old DURANGO for gods sake has no rattles and I have sold almost every type of car made, and have never seen a new car come from the factory w/so many half assed quality issues!!! We need to put together a mass e-mail from all the members to Nissan and try to collectively get some factory help.:3: :3: :3: :3: :3:

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
I think the rattle of the trims because of ..

the funky (read: funny) shape of our murano?:p

·
Registered
22 Posts
Your probally right, they desgined a hot car w/recycled Taurus trim, but that doesnt explain the other 12 or so TSB's already. The shame of the whole thing, is that I love how the car looks and drives, but one should not get frusterated every time he drives he 35k$$ suv.

·
Registered
136 Posts
esemes said:
first, i would say to pull the finisher off, and drive without it for a day or two.....

then look at the paws on the piece (inspect for any wear, etc...)

How do you go about removing the finisher from the A pillar? Does it just pop off and on? Do you need to replace any clips after you remove it?

·
Registered
719 Posts
It pops straight off and no, there are no clips to replace. It has them molded into the piece itself. I believe there are some pictures in the gallery of a member who did a hard wired radar detector and tied into the ground and power inside the driver's side a pillar.

Do a search on "radar detector" and you should find the thread and the pictures.

Found the link:

http://www.nissanmurano.org/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=8929&thumb=1

·
Registered
136 Posts
A pillar

Thanks for that link. Is there only one clip? thats how it looks. So how did you manage to settle your A pillar rattle once you got the cover off?

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Did the rattle stop? did you drive around with the cover off?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts