Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In about 4 hours I go down to the local dealer and pick up my new Ebony 2004 SE AWD. I can't wait and I figure a few people around here might understand if I just wanted to say that. Thanks!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Congrats and enjoy. I was in your shoes 2 weeks ago. I had a 3:00 appointment to pick the MO. Salesman was wondering why I was there at 2:00. They were still waxing it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like we have the same vehicle except for the colour. Are you enjoying it? Here in Calgary, we already have snow so I'll know very quickly how well it does.
I know what you mean anyway...I want to get over to the dealer right now...
Is there a recommended break-in period on the MO?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Really having fun with it. You can't believe the stares you get. As for the break-in period they recommend to avoid fast acceleration and braking for the 1st 2,000 km's. My sales rep said to keep the revs below 4000. At the same time don't baby it. Hope you can at least get it home dry and straight into the garage.

Warning.....you may be tempted to go out and by the loaf of bread you already have or sleep in the garage tonight.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks jetnbye...I will heed your warning but I suspect I won't be able to resist those extra trips either...:D
Just got it home and it looks and feels great. I think I might need milk tomorrow...hmmm...I hear they have good milk in Banff.
It's going to be a good weekend!

·
4,664 Posts
Congrats, you're gonna love it...

As far as the stares go, they're great, but what freaked me out back in January/February is when people would wave, roll down their window and say "Wow, that's awesome, what is it???"

Of course, the commercials have done their job, but I still hear the occasional "Hey, let's check out the Murano!"...:D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hard to resist

Geez, after driving a Pathfinder for 9+ years, I feel like I can handle any curve in this thing. Just got mine a couple of days ago and it has been hard to "baby it". :2:

Congrats on your new purchase and fine taste.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts