Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
I was wondering myself ... this does look like a possible next gen Murano. Time will tell

·
Super Moderator
954 Posts
A little confusing if you ask me.

"At 183 inches long, the two-row, five-passenger Ariya is similar in size to Nissan’s Rogue compact SUV."

"Nissan says the Ariya is based on an all-new EV platform with a 109-inch-long wheelbase."

Wheelbase is one inch longer the the Rogue. I'm not seeing it as the replacement for the Murano. I wouldn't be surprised if it comes out as the EV replacement for the Rogue.

Have a good day.

·
Super Moderator
8,348 Posts
Agreed. Sounds like the same size class as the Rogue, therefore most likely an electric alternative to that model.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Could be the sister to the Rogue. I like how it has some of the curves borrowed from the MO.
Honestly, I don’t understand why everything is going to a tablet style center stack now. Our ‘18 Accord had it, wasn’t a fan of it, but figured it would grow on me. It definitely did not grow on me and only ended up adding to my distaste for the car along with the other issues it had. I very much appreciate the traditional center stack in our ‘20 MO.

Reactions: PaulDay

·
Registered
306 Posts
I do think whatever the next generation Murano looks like it will definitely have a lot of styling cues taken from the Ariya. I seems only logical the way Nissan carries over the corporate look to different models

·
Registered
773 Posts
A little confusing if you ask me.

"At 183 inches long, the two-row, five-passenger Ariya is similar in size to Nissan’s Rogue compact SUV."

"Nissan says the Ariya is based on an all-new EV platform with a 109-inch-long wheelbase."

Wheelbase is one inch longer the the Rogue. I'm not seeing it as the replacement for the Murano. I wouldn't be surprised if it comes out as the EV replacement for the Rogue.

Have a good day.
Similar in size to the Rogue but with interior space similar to the Murano according to various articles I read. Off topic but I just noticed you are a super moderator, congrats and thanks for all your useful posts!

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
We don't need no stinkin' electric Murano. If they go electric, I'm outta here.

·
Registered
937 Posts
We don't need no stinkin' electric Murano. If they go electric, I'm outta here.
With the introduction of the Ariya electric SUV, which starts at 40k, I don't think they'll put out an electric Murano anytime soon... The Ariya the size of the Rogue. It will compete with the electric Mustang SUV...which doesn't even look like a Mustang...

Other than it's size, I kinda wonder if the Ariya is the replacement for the Murano...

·
Registered
937 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
I was wondering why it has two antennas, I found this:

"The system's seven cameras, five millimeter-wave radars and 12 ultrasonic sonar sensors detect lane markers and objects around the vehicle, allowing hands-off single-lane driving along a predefined route, keeping with the flow of traffic. It also performs safe, effective lane changes with a simple button-push confirmation by the driver. ProPILOT 2.0 also utilizes a dedicated shark fin antenna to receive accurate GPS positioning, assisting to create a smooth, predictable ride during assistance. "

1 - 12 of 12 Posts