Nissan Murano Forum banner

The head unit is by Clairion?????

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  GripperDon 
#1 ·
When I bought my 2006 Black Murano SL, I was told that I have a Bose audio system in my SL.

Now I found out from Nissan that the head unit is 'NOT" BOSE but Clairion but the speakers are Bose....

Any of your music lovers out there with MO's upgrading your head unit to something better?:3:

#2 ·
BOSE doesn't actually make most of their car audio head units - some are made by Clarion, others by Matsu****a (aka Panasonic).

As far as I know the head unit on the Murano is an integrated circuit board, not so much an entire double din head unit like aftermarket, so you cannot replace it without also axing the climate controls.

#3 ·
Sound engineered by Bose (translated, means we found some cheap speakers that sound ok to us and slapped them in).

The radio's a Clarion and it's flat in response. The best investment is new speakers and amps.

Do a search and you'll find a post of the frequency response off the CD player, that I did a while back. The audio out of the head unit is fine.

If you are looking for bling, then yes, you'll run in to lots of fun with changing it out. Again, look through what's already been done and posted.

#4 ·
Thanks Jaak...

I talked to our local Nissan parts department and was told the if I have the Bose system package in my Black Murano SL, than the speakers and AMP are BOSE. The head unit is Clairion. According to this person, I got the top of the line and with BOSE speakers and AMP, anything at the "Head" will do just fine.

I'll just leave my audio as it is. Its new and sleek and I'm satisfied of what I have.

#6 ·
RandyMax said:

:bonk:

Hahahah, just find it funny "Matsush!ta" got sensored!! hahhahah...
:2: :2: :2:

Where are the mods when you need them? :rolleyes:

#7 ·
Eric L. said:

:2: :2: :2:

Where are the mods when you need them? :rolleyes:
Out driving!!!:D Those moderators sure are a bunch of slackers... ;)

#8 ·
It has been my experience that our MODERATors aren't very moderate either.
I knew one that traded his Murano in on a screaming hemi engined hearse!:2:

How you been jaak?
Any problems with the Magnum?
Hows the dealer service?

Homer

#9 ·
RandyMax said:

:bonk:

Hahahah, just find it funny "Matsush!ta" got sensored!! hahhahah...
So much for "smart, expert software".......:D

Our CEO last email went to "junk email", I guess the filters new better...:2: :2:

#10 ·
hfelknor said:
It has been my experience that our MODERATors aren't very moderate either.
I knew one that traded his Murano in on a screaming hemi engined hearse!:2:

How you been jaak?
Any problems with the Magnum?
Hows the dealer service?

Homer
Hey Homer! I've been busy as heck, but enjoying the hybrid. (It burns both gas and rubber.)

No problems with the Magnum, and it's been a lot of fun. Out of curiousity one day, I went in to a big empty industrial parking lot next to an empty building to see if the little red station wagon could actually do a donut on dry pavement. No problem at all. I did one, then decided to stop as it was a heck of a lot of fun, but I like these tires...

This Saturday I met up with a bunch of other Magnum owners, and some of us put them on the dyno to see how they'd do... The others were a few HP either way of this. This is corrected, the raw reading was much higher. Of course, at the rear wheels.

It was interesting watching them take it up to the top of 5th gear, which read out at 170 MPH. And it didn't take long to get there. Helps with no wind resistance.

I still look at every Murano that goes by and smile...

Dealer service has been excellent, but the Mobil 1 Oil change sure is pricey!

Attachments

#11 ·
That sure is a Big

Stroking Hemi! Bet it sounded tremendous. You can program in both the Rolling drag and the Air drag if you wnat. You can get the Cd and the Rollling from Chrysler. Now if I can just remember where I'll post it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.