Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 Murano Platinum. 38,000 miles /62,000KMS.

I know there have been a few posts about some of these issues, but Ive had my Murano almost 3 years and the warranty ran out recently. The dealer is amazing at helping me even though these last couple of issues. My car has even had a couple of overnights at the dealer as they try and figure out what is wrong.

- [ ] Panoramic Sunroof had excessive wind noise
- [ ] Illuminated Kick Plates replaced 3 times, they kept burning out.
- [ ] Dimmed lights in the cabin - over time they went completely out (relay)
- [ ] Fast left turn signal - (Bulb/Relay)
- [ ] Batteries dying on the FOB continually, requiring monthly replacement of battery
- [ ] Hatch would not open, sensor and assembly replaced.
- [ ] Driver door will not open from inside, need to roll window down and open with exterior handle

To be honest, the whole experience has been strange. I really like the car, and I don’t want to trade - yet I worry for the future - and all the things that I thought would have problems (technology in particular) haven’t surfaced yet. The common thread throughout most of this has been electrical, which is a huge concern going forward. Any one else have a list of issues like this on the 2015-17 Murano?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Don't even get me started on it. I'm not going to list the issues I've had because it upsets some members but believe me you're not the only one. I've had mine only for a year and I've had more issues with it then I've had with any other car I've owned combined. I don't have any suggestions other than keep bringing it in and hoping dealer is good and keeps fixing it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have a 2015 with 17K trouble free miles but am so looking forward to moving onto something different/nicer. The only instances the car has been at the dealer has been for scheduled oil changes or for those x2 recalls (ABS module and occupancy airbag light) from a few years ago.

I'm a few months from my lease inception but mine will be going back to Nissan unless someone here wants an amazing deal on a 'creampuff' 2015 ;-)

·
Registered
728 Posts
Don't even get me started on it. I'm not going to list the issues I've had because it upsets some members but believe me you're not the only one. I've had mine only for a year and I've had more issues with it then I've had with any other car I've owned combined. I don't have any suggestions other than keep bringing it in and hoping dealer is good and keeps fixing it.

I don't have any issues the OP has but I'm part of the unlucky ones too and I'm not listing all my issues after only 6 months of ownership and 2500 kms as I posted enough about that already. However, this morning I discovered a hole in the muffler and corrosion developing around it (water is leaking from the hole). Another trip to the dealer is in order!

·
Registered
267 Posts
I lemon lawed my car and I suggest you do the same. Electrical gremlins will only get worse. Dealer had to replace radar unit for the adaptive cruise after recalibrating a few times. Worked ok after replacement. The power rear hatch control module had to be replaced after they couldn’t figure out what was wrong with it. I’m pretty sure it was the relay or something in the fuse box since my quick fix was to reset the fuse in the engine compartment every time it refused to open. The front radar replacement was forgivable. The playing the lotto with the rear hatch was not something I could live with. I went snowboarding and after a day on the slopes, rear hatch refused to open and I had to deal with resetting the fuse in the engine compartment. It’s a huge hassle.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I don't have any issues the OP has but I'm part of the unlucky ones too and I'm not listing all my issues after only 6 months of ownership and 2500 kms as I posted enough about that already. However, this morning I discovered a hole in the muffler and corrosion developing around it (water is leaking from the hole). Another trip to the dealer is in order!

I took the vehicle in today and the dealer found a bad weld on right end of muffler; they ordered a new muffler and will replace it tomorrow. Thank God I have a very good dealer!

·
Registered
728 Posts
I lemon lawed my car and I suggest you do the same.

The OP is from Canada and unfortunately, we don't have lemon law here north of the border :(

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you, and I wish that we had the lemon law - I have thought a lot about that! I'm disappointed to hear that you had the radar unit replaced, that is my biggest nightmare about it breaking!

My dealer has been incredible and they have really gone above and beyond to smooth things over - that is the saving grace in all of this!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts