Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Matthew Lesko
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if you guys heard, but theres a Murano in the new "Fast and the Furious" movie.

Its one mean machine. Enough talk - lets see some pics!

Full Custom Interior:

Although it may hurt your eyes, try to note the fire extinguisher mounted on the passanger side of the console. The fire extinguisher is mandatory because this Murano's E/T's are well below 12 seconds! Also note the "very real" looking carbon fiber stickons.

How does this Murano run 12's you ask? Simple - custom upgrades, including this Folgers coffee can exhaust system:

Good thing there is a Navigation system, because this Murano owner is "lost".

·
Registered
487 Posts
I'm scared.

Seriously... why rice-out a Murano? It's a classy vehicle, not a tuner car. There is a reason tuners pick low-end Mitsus and Hondas... they're cheap and easily upgraded! The MO runs a lot higher $$$ wise.

But that didn't stop one intrepid owner. Why a fire extinguisher? If you blow your engine and set it on fire, the only thing an extinguisher will save is your carbon-fibre stick-ons from melting.

Yeesh.

·
Matthew Lesko
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doombringer said:
Why a fire extinguisher?
I know why!

At this guys local dragstrip, if you have a car with sub 12 second E/T's you HAVE to have a fire extinguisher in your car. Only reason I could think of.

:D

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I think the better question is, how long until the CVT spills its guts on the pavement from 12 second ET's.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Didn't someone post this interior here a month or more ago? -- I think he said he was working with a group modifying the Mo and it did not matter if they voided the warrenty. -- Does anyone else remember it?:confused:

·
Matthew Lesko
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah..it was posted a while back. I think the guys name is "Proline". (he thinks hes going to get 400 HP out of a Murano.)

·
British Cat Juggler
147 Posts
Horrible

·
Registered
487 Posts
The nav looks good up there... and those floormats are kinda cool in that they're metal-y (but they could lose the "momo" bit), but everything else... oy...

What they should have done was get one of the Panama / S. America Muranos with the standard auto transmission. Then at least maybe they could swap it out for a manual (somehow) and not be hindered by the CVT HP-limit.

Eh. Don't Mess With a Good Thing.

·
SHIFT_ passion
85 Posts
The whole "Fast and Furious" thing is sarcasm right? This Mo DEFINITELY isnt movie quality. Ive seen these pics before, try cardomain.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Please folks.

Making a Murano do the 1/4 mile in 12 seconds is the OPPOSITE of "ricing a car".

Here is the "official" rice boys page.
http://www.riceboypage.com/

If you don't drag race, that's fine, but keep your opinion at least respectful for those of us that have been known to race.

That "Folgers coffee can exhaust" looks like a real CatBack exhaust system to me. Somthing that I would bet would find favor with many here.

The Interior Mods? Just like everything else, it is an individual taste. In this case, I don't happen to like fake carbon fiber.
But that's me. I'll bet a lotta folks here like it.

Is there any pic showing the body?
Did he mod the exterior I wonder?
Don't know why, but I kinda doubt it.

Homer

·
Matthew Lesko
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hfelknor said:
Please folks.

Making a Murano do the 1/4 mile in 12 seconds is the OPPOSITE of "ricing a car".

Here is the "official" rice boys page.
http://www.riceboypage.com/

If you don't drag race, that's fine, but keep your opinion at least respectful for those of us that have been known to race.

That "Folgers coffee can exhaust" looks like a real CatBack exhaust system to me. Somthing that I would bet would find favor with many here.

The Interior Mods? Just like everything else, it is an individual taste. In this case, I don't happen to like fake carbon fiber.
But that's me. I'll bet a lotta folks here like it.

Is there any pic showing the body?
Did he mod the exterior I wonder?
Don't know why, but I kinda doubt it.

Homer
LOL.

If the Murano ran 12 sec. e/t's it would be one thing to have a fire extinguisher. Frankly, a Murano isnt capable of running 12's.

This car is exactly everything that "rice" stands for. He has a fire extinguisher on an otherwise stock car(unless you count adding 2 straight thru mufflers a mod)

"If you don't drag race, that's fine, but keep your opinion at least respectful for those of us that have been known to race."

I have an 89 Mustang GT with a 351w in it. I know about drag racing, and if you did too you would know that adding all-terrains, roof racks and push bars on a car thats supposed to "race" is absurd.

·
Matthew Lesko
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mrkapp said:
It takes a real winner to crack on somebodys ride....
Heres another pic I found, dosent look to ricey to me.
:rolleyes:
Doesnt look very ricey to me either, aside from the cannisters on the back.

But a chrome APC fire extinguisher? heh..

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Yeah I always thought that exhaust pipes should be wide in diameter, not constricted at the tailpipe. Other than that, the exterior is pretty clean. The garish interior, well, I guess some people like carbon fiber.

The definition of rice rocket is a car that is modded to look fast, but is not. Granted, the stock Murano is no speed demon, but its a slug either. 400hp though, is ridiculous. The guy should have thought about how it would affect the CVT before he decided to make his Murano really fast.

Sorry boys, I don't think we'll see any Muranos in a race in Fast and Furious 3. If this one really is in the movie, it will probably be a poser car parked in a line of showcars.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Umm, and, 400 HP is not going to get you into the 11's in a vehicle weighing as much as the murano. More like 500 at the wheels. Check the web for ET/Horsepower estimator tools. They're not perfectly accurate, but get you pretty close.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Okay, he's a fellow owner...

Heck, he'd be a fellow owner even if he weren't on this board.

People can still post their opinions. I personally find the mods distasteful, and others may enjoy them. Good and bad aside, Proline has the right to do anything he wants with his MO.

If you wanted to get -really- touchy-feely, remember that every Element that someone rags on belongs to a fellow human being out there who is likely very pleased with their ride despite your thoughts on it.

It's all just opinion.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts