Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Yeah and the *not yet available in America yet* next gen Golf in the background! :D

Congrats congrats on the new ride!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Eric L. said:
Yeah and the *not yet available in America yet* next gen Golf in the background! :D

Congrats congrats on the new ride!
Ah you spotted the Golf...I sold the BMW 750 and got that one instead for myself...It is the new 2.0 TDI engine which is just incredibly fast for a diesel...I am averaging at 55mpg in it...Absolutely brilliant! A lot smaller than what I was used to, but what I like about the Golf is that is has got that big car feel when you drive it...The torque is only just below the V12!!!!!

I actually got it on a lease, taking the lease, diesel, tax and isurance into account it is still cheaper to run than my BMW was which was paid for....

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
dejongj said:

Ah you spotted the Golf...I sold the BMW 750 and got that one instead for myself...It is the new 2.0 TDI engine which is just incredibly fast for a diesel...I am averaging at 55mpg in it...Absolutely brilliant! A lot smaller than what I was used to, but what I like about the Golf is that is has got that big car feel when you drive it...The torque is only just below the V12!!!!!

I actually got it on a lease, taking the lease, diesel, tax and isurance into account it is still cheaper to run than my BMW was which was paid for....
It will unfortunately be a while before the US gets VW's new diesel engines. With the impracticality of particulate filters, and the lack of low sulfur diesel here, there is a huge bias against diesel at the moment. It doesn't help that diesel is usually priced above premium unleaded too, and people are not willing to drive stick here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts