Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the temps drop in my area I'm noticing the infamous Murano rattles come back to life. The most annoying being constant tapping by the windshield bottom. I know some of you have said its the plastic trim on the outside at the bottom of windshield. Have we confirmed this is actually it and does anyone have a fix for it?

·
Registered
853 Posts
That’s what I think it is. You can tape the fuzzy half of Velcro in there, tape against the glass, and see if it goes away. I had to do that to the entire valence on my wife’s Mazda. Problem solved.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That’s what I think it is. You can tape the fuzzy half of Velcro in there, tape against the glass, and see if it goes away. I had to do that to the entire valence on my wife’s Mazda. Problem solved.
Do you have an image of this exact spot on the Murano? I'm having trouble locating. Tired of these annoying rattles!

·
Registered
26 Posts
FWIW...I had rattle at 10-30mph that seemed to be coming from the passenger area... couldn't figure it out... I checked the interior things then did a walk around... the only thing I noticed was the air flaps...or whatever they are in front of the rear tires were turned a little. I crawled under and found only one fastener holding it in place... and it was kind of floppy loose. I straightened it and fastened the other hole to the frame and my noise disappeared. It must have been rapping the frame.... sounded like it was up front.. thought it was a wheel bearing, brake, or something in the front wheel well. May be worth checking...Hope you can find your noise....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Exact same thing here! I kept hearing a clunking/rattling at certain speeds. Thought it was door trim until I layed down and looked at the tire wind flaps (for lack of better term). Turns out both flaps were turned in and only had one screw holding them on allowing it to bang/rattle against the frame. This is some sort of issue where fibrations or the way the wind moves through during operations vibrates out the screw. Going to put some better vibration screws in tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
7,673 Posts
Exact same thing here! I kept hearing a clunking/rattling at certain speeds. Thought it was door trim until I layed down and looked at the tire wind flaps (for lack of better term). Turns out both flaps were turned in and only had one screw holding them on allowing it to bang/rattle against the frame. This is some sort of issue where fibrations or the way the wind moves through during operations vibrates out the screw. Going to put some better vibration screws in tomorrow.
Might want to put a dab of clear caulk on the shanks of those screws to keep them from vibrating loose.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There are two plastic push clips and a metal screw. It seems like the plastic clips keep breaking. I'm not sure if those would vibrate out considering they are expanded inside when pushed in. Someone posted that Nissan designed it this way to avoid the flap from breaking when it hits something. Instead the two clips will break and the flap will move aside pivoting on the screw. U went to Nissan and bought two clips. Costed $4.

·
Registered
104 Posts
does anyone have a shot of the problem area? I'm getting a rattle noise it seems to be coming from where is seat belt fixture is near the driver window. I've been pound all areas to try to make this stop, very frustrating

·
Registered
8 Posts
does anyone have a shot of the problem area? I'm getting a rattle noise it seems to be coming from where is seat belt fixture is near the driver window. I've been pound all areas to try to make this stop, very frustrating
Strange. I hear a similar "rattle" with my 2018 SL. It seems to come from the seat belt anchor near the rear passenger window (driver's side). Irritating.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Strange. I hear a similar "rattle" with my 2018 SL. It seems to come from the seat belt anchor near the rear passenger window (driver's side). Irritating.
I have the same problem. I think it's that plastic piece that covers up the hole when you move the belt up and down. If you tap on it itll rattle a bit. I once pressed a little too hard and it pressed in and got stuck. The rattle went away but I was not able to move my belt adjustment up and down. It had to be taken apart to pop out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts