Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all... if no one has seen my other posts, I just bought a Mo this weekend and I'm still exploring.

I can not believe I just found a little button on the trunk light that unlocks the trunk. The dealer never showed it to me. I just need to be close with the Intel Key and push the button built into the light on the trunk, and I can unlock or lock the trunk & doors !! AWESOME.

Does anyone know a way to keep my water bottle in the cup holder sterdy? There is just way to much play.

Thanks, TheGymKid

Attachments

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Congrats... I have an 03 SL and love it. I don't think I have that button as you describe.

If you are talking about the front cup holders did you see that there is a little flap within the holder that you can raise up to snug it up?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Gonzo is right

There is a flap at the back of the holder that flips up to createt smaller openings. Just reach in the holder torwards the rear of the care and you'll feel it.

It is nice to still discover features in the new ride!!

njmo

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Hello Gymkid. Good luck with the new ride.
My Pewtar 04 looks like your twin. Then again I guess every Pewtar MO looks like yours.
You have me stumped, button on the trunk light? Is this (I assume) on the outside near the rear plate holder? Please give more detail because we have never talked about this on the forum.:cool:
Bob

·
Registered
470 Posts
The little button comes with the intellikey system only to open the hatch in the same manner as the front door buttons open the front doors.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Ok, I'm the FNG (F...ING NEW GUY) here, as we say at the Fire House. I have an 04 SL and am learning myself what's what. I don't understand a couple of things. ie:

1) I have the standard Stereo/CD and am wondering why in the middle of it it says "Controller Changer" when it looks like it only accepts ONE CD and doesn't do much else. I read the manual, I thought, and found that it can inform you of Radio Station types, if they are broadcasted, but what am I missing?

2) I have the Intelli Key and still am trying to figure out what the fellow was talking about the "Light & Auto Rear Lid Opening"?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Re: Gonzo is right

njmo said:
There is a flap at the back of the holder that flips up to createt smaller openings. Just reach in the holder torwards the rear of the care and you'll feel it.

It is nice to still discover features in the new ride!!

njmo
No, that's not the button he's referring to. This button is silver and on the outside near the reverse lights around the license plate. On the keyless entry you have to press this button to unlock the MO b/f you can reach under the flap and open the trunk.

Oh, I just re-read your post and you're talking about something completely different. My bad :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
The button he's referring to, looks like this:

It only works, if you are standing within proximity to the vehicle with the intellikey. There's a similar button on either side of the driver/passenger doors. Push it without the intellikey fob...3 "dings", and no door lock...but with the magic twanger....<click>

Regards,

Big

·
Registered
717 Posts
big_daddy_mpd said:
Forgive me...I'm still trying to figure out what the URL is for images posted in the gallery. It's there...I just can't find a URL that works to post it...not a very friendly gallery utility, I might add...ought to be able to "copy" a link to the photo and post with an tag. [/B][/QUOTE]

When you have an image visible on your screen, regardless of program, right click on the image to bring up the properties. There you'll see the actual address of the image. After hitting the IMG button, copy and paste that address, and it should show up correctly.

·
Registered
301 Posts
GymKid - Welcome and congrats!

From what I've read so far about the cupholders. I believe the '05 model has a different design from the '03 and '04. The '05 has a spring loaded flap to help fit smaller cups. But if you use those narrow bottles of water, the flap does nothing to hold it in place. So you better make sure the cap is screwed in tight when making those sharp turns. :D

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info all.

CUP HOLDERS:

As far as the cup holder goes... I'm going to take a picture and post it later on to see if i'm doing what you guys are suggesting.

My cup holder that fits in to the cup holder space has a little spring loaded flap on it that is always in the up position unless I push it down. If I let go it flaps back up again (Its spring loaded).

Is that what you guys are describing or is there another flap as well that I'm missing and can't find.

My little water bottles dont fit snug... I'll have to rig something if that is the best it gets. If I come up with any thing creative, I'll report it.

NERF BARS:

Someone passed onto me that the Nerf bars are not convinent. When getting in and out of the car, your pants rub it and get dirty. Is this true? Are they more of a pain? I'm looking to get the black ones online... $150.00 is the lowest I can find them so far.

- TheGymKid

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts