Nissan Murano Forum banner

421 - 440 of 513 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Well they accidentally ordered the Drive side door panel instead of the the Passenger side, hopefully this week. According to my service manager part of the original fix was to put foam in the door. I am not sure if they did it or not, but it didn't fix the problem. I guess part of the new fix is the door panels with the foam pads already added, which is what the new driver's side has. I never thought the driver's side made as much noise as the passenger so I guess I can only wait to see if this new design has a noticable difference on the passenger side.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
What a pain, I hope they are at least giving you some free "Oil Change" Coupons at least for all your time they are waisting. I would at least ask. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
ADV said:
Try using some single-side-adhesive black felt instead of the foam. Should not wear nearly a quickly. Foam isn't very resistant to friction. All automakers use felt tape between certain plastic parts for just this purpose. In the MO they seem to have forgotten...

I used about a 6" long 1 1/2" wide piece of velcro (loop side) and slid it between the door panel and the door (beginning where the business card is pictured). I did not remove the plastic backing as I did not want it to stick and with it still on it made it easier to insert. My door is now tick free. The idea is to seperate more of the door panel from the door than just the cornor. I think the spray lube trick does the same thing but I feel that will only be a tempy fix.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hmmm, good idea with the velcro. I'll might try that next time with my other vehicles. Just a thought....when you use the double stick foam it keeps the panel from moving thus the wear is very slow. I would think the velcro would wear faster since it doesn't prevent movement it just insulates the noise caused from the movement.

Just my $.02.

Knock on wood....no ticks or creaks yet in 1400 miles. I did notice though, when the driver seat is lowered all the way it creaks. Raising it just above the bottom (one small bump on the switch) and no more creak. Problem solved.

:2:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Another thought. I noticed that folks are putting lube in those trouble spots. BEWARE!!! It might be fine in the Winter, but once things dry out and that lube starts collecting dust I'll guarantee you that those noises will come back with a vengence. It has been my personal experience that any type of lube placed in a contact surface where dust can be collected just make matters worse over time.

What you'll find is that it will be fine for a long time the first time it's applied. Then, pretty soon, you'll have to lube it again. That won't last as long and you'll do it again. Bottom line.....the period of effectiveness will become shorter and shorter until you have to add lube once or twice a week or go nuts. Once it gets to that point you're basically screwed because there is so much lube there you can't clean it all off and it just becomes a dust collector and an unsolvable noise.

The dealers will spray lube, silicone or any thing else that's a quick fix in the hope you'll just go away or give up. All of them do it and often the TSB will suggests it. They're usually not smart enough or willing enough to find a real solution.

:2:

·
Registered
360 Posts
Seems like a lot of folks believe that plastic-to-plastic or plastic-to-metal chafing is the problem and that lubrication is the answer.

I'm with lapriester in the belief that oils should be kept away from areas where you don't want to attract dirt.

How's about this: talc.

I have used it between the leather seats of the Town Ride to stop the squeaking when the leather panels rub. No muss. No fuss.

And it don't smell too bad, either.

·
4,664 Posts
Or if it's a charcoal interior a little bit of graphite. Where's that pencil my daughter was walking around with...

·
Registered
34 Posts
While out driving today I noticed that when the back seat window(s) are completely down the back bench vibrates very loudly. It is so loud that the sounds from the radio are completely washed out. After some checks with different combinations of window openings I determined that it occurs only when either or both back windows are completely down (front widows are up) and driving faster than 30 mph. Has any one else had this problem and is Nissan aware of it? I am taking my MO into the dealer this week to get the alignment checked, still under warrenty, and wanted to bring this to their attention.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thank for pointing me in the right direction, CopperKat. Nice to know this is not an isolated problem.:)

·
Registered
27 Posts
More and more I try to target these issue I get mad.

I don't think it's just metal to plasticy touch.

It just is cheap plastic used in this car.

There are creaks, ticks all over when warming up from 20 some degrees to normal comfort climate.
Especially when the plastic where the fan comes out is cold and as the engine warms up the air is blowing warm-hot air.

My other 10 year old car is better as far as the plastics used in there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 04 Murano which had the tick noise in both front doors. I brought it to the dealer (STAR Nissan in Queens NY...really great service center) armed with the many 'fixes' suggested here. They told me they had a service bulletin on this problem..NTB03-109...It is now soooo quiet. It has been three weeks and it is still quiet. The fix is to insulate the door panels. So far it is great.

·
Registered
758 Posts
tick

This reminds me I need to make an appointment to get this fixed. I have definitely isolated it to the front door panels. If I push on any part of the panel just below the window, it makes the tick noise that drives me CRAZY. I hope my dealer is as proficient at resolving this.

·
Registered
631 Posts
jmills said:
I have a 04 Murano which had the tick noise in both front doors. I brought it to the dealer (STAR Nissan in Queens NY...really great service center) armed with the many 'fixes' suggested here. They told me they had a service bulletin on this problem..NTB03-109...It is now soooo quiet. It has been three weeks and it is still quiet. The fix is to insulate the door panels. So far it is great.
I can't seem to find that TSB on the nissanhelp or infinitihelp sites. Am I being stupid and missing the obvious? I'd love to print that out and bring it to my dealer.

·
Registered
49 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
rbsmo04 said:
Thanks, I'd seen 03-090, but can't seem to get the full text of the 03-105 or 03-109 TSBs to print out and bring with me. On the infinithelp site the text for 03-105 is not available (the "view document" link is grayed out for that one) and 03-109 is not listed. :(

·
Registered
563 Posts
Tick has returned . . .

Well, I was hoping you guys would be wrong, but the ones that said that lube was a temporary fix were right. My front passenger door tick is back. It occurs over bumps and is slowly getting worse again. This time, I think I will take off the door panel, remove the lube and add some foam strips with adhesive on one side at strategic points. This will be my last DIY fix before going back to the dealer and hassling with no car, back ordered parts, and all the other excuses that usually come with these problems - that's assuming they will even acknowledge the problem exists!

·
Registered
563 Posts
ISO TSB03-109

Does anybody have a copy of NTB03-109? Seems to fit the description of my door rattle problem.

Thanks!!

421 - 440 of 513 Posts