Nissan Murano Forum banner

461 - 480 of 511 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Jim, Do you have a copy of NTB03-109?

Jim04 said:
They only added felt tape to the area that people were putting the business cards, top back corner. TSB NTB03-109 clearly shows felt tape being placed along top of panel at the window or under the waist molding, thats where you say it should be. But Tech refused to apply the TSB to my Murano saying it didnt apply to my build date. TSB also shows felt tape being added around all 8 metal tabs holding waist molding in place. Then it shows felt tape being placed on upper door panel supports, then removing and re-glueing lower anti-intrusion foam block, then adding felt tape to armrest support, then to door latch lever support and finally to top rear edge of door panel( which was only thing they did).
The TSB has very good instructions and with very detailed photos showing exactly where to add felt or foam tape.
What is the white foam you added and where did you get it?
Also since dealer will not fix this I am thinking of giving it a try myself. I have downloaded the service manual and have the photo of the door panel with the 3 screws that must be removed. I see how to get to 2 of them, but I dont know how to get to the one behind the manual lock, any ideas?? How careful do you have to be with the panel clips, do you just pull or do you use a screwdriver to pry them out. This seems it could make things worse if I damaged the clips. Thanks for any info

·
Registered
265 Posts
Sorry Jim it took so long for me to reply. I wasn't that difficult because the SM is my girlfriends brother so he hooks me up. I would have to see if I still have the paperwork to see if it list the part number. I always thought that this is what is now listed as the fix for the door.

·
Registered
339 Posts
FRONT DOOR PANEL TICK

Thought I would resurrect this thread as it applies to the Front Door Panel 'TICK'. (The following does not apply to the rattles from the A-Pillar, B-Pillar or the Window Track, all of which are referred to earlier in this thread.)

Until the other day the "Tick' had been very sporadic and was initially fixed by injecting some White Lithium Grease as noted earlier in the thread. However after sitting at the airport for a week, the Tick let itself be clearly heard all the way home last Friday night and continues to plague me! Better yet I can generate it at will by gently banging the panel with my elbow, right above where your elbow is when you rest your arm on the armrest.

So armed with relevant info from this thread had a chat with my (very friendly) SM this morning. Seems the Tech Bulletin 03-109 has been updated to 04-109 (in Canada at least) and covers all 2003s and a good chunk of the 2004s. Sorry don't have a copy so cannot be specific as to what 2004 VINs are included.

Bulletin calls for a number of felts pads & strips to be put in place, including from what I could see on the tabs that hold the finish panel to the door. Also noted that Nissan recognizes that the problem is temperature sensitive, being most notable at temps below 16C (60F).

Having heard the problem for himself, the SM quickly checked with Parts and confirmed a number of the felt kits were in-stock, so my 'Tick' should be gone by noon tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Funny thing you should post this as just the other day I had been thinking that I don't hear my tick any longer. The first thing I looked at was to see where you lived. Bingo, Canada, getting cold up there now and not so much down here in Georgia.
So yes, definitely cold weather related. That was my fix with the Lithium grease but it did not last. I am glad that someone at Nissan has taken responsibility. Maybe they saw this thread and said enough said, we have a problem like the alternators.
Bob1

·
Registered
631 Posts
Yep... with the cold mornings around here lately all my ticks and rattles have been coming back to life! Guess I'll have to attack those ASAP...

·
Registered
339 Posts
I'll try to get a closer look at the Tech Bulletin tomorrow, since it will be attached to the work order. However it looks like it is a Canadian Bulletin rather than a North American one. Had always assumed US and Canada would get the same bulletins, but looks like Nissan USA and Nissan Canada may do their own thing!

I say this because when I 'Google' NTB04-109 I do get a reference to Nissan but relating to a transmission fluid issue with the Titan and some related SES codes.

I will also make a note of the 2004 VIN#s and build dates that are included.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I had minor noise from my driver's side and nothing from the passenger side. All I did was add a strip of felt to the outer edge where the plasitc interior meets the metal edge of the door. It had not mad any noise since.

I got the idea from someone here on the forrum. Happy to take pictures if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Gonzo, please post the pictures of your fix. Its getting cooler now and the ticks are returning to the door panels

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
OK I've updated my Gallery with various images of places I've stuck felt/foam to stop vibrations. There are four places, the door, the dash, the cargo cover and near the cabin temp sensor.

At any rate you will see where I placed foam on the door. Hower look above in this post and there is an image that was added for the same procedure.

I hope these help.

Gonzo's Gallery

·
Registered
51 Posts
Gonzo thanks for the photos, did you take the door panel off or did you kinda stuff the felt between the metal and door panel? Also, where did you get the felt? Is it tape felt? Thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
The cold weather has returned and so have the ticks and rattles from the door panels. Any new ideas or fixes???
Dealer had tried 3 times with no luck

·
Registered
142 Posts
Jim04 said:
The cold weather has returned and so have the ticks and rattles from the door panels. Any new ideas or fixes???
same here... seems like MOs were not built for below-freezing tempertures... :(

·
Registered
339 Posts
Although I had the Dealer apply the TSB to fix the door panel rattle the procedure was not a complete success. So I did what Gonzo did but removed the door panels to complete the process rather than pushing the 'felt' in.

In reality I bought a pack of Velcro with self-adhesive backing, cut the softer of the 2 velcro panels into strips and applied it the the vinyl door panel, being careful to ensure the edge of the velcro aligned with the edge of the door panel. Did not want surplus sticking out since I have the cafe latte interior.

Problem now solved.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Jim04 said:
Since adding felt strips last March, I am happy to report that even with the return of cold weather my doors continue to be squeak free. I did once during the late spring have to reinsert the felt as it had moved out of place (so it may need to be checked on occasion).

I highly recommend trying this fix. The problem is the hard plastic edge of the door panel squeaking against the painted steel.

See my earlier post for a picture.

Good luck!

461 - 480 of 511 Posts
About this Discussion
510 Replies
110 Participants
jameswdj96
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing