Nissan Murano Forum banner

481 - 500 of 511 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Timely post MO Dale. After being rattle free during the warm weather, my annoying tic has returned with the cold.
Thanks for the link reminder photo.
Bob1

·
Registered
51 Posts
MO Dale, Are the felt strips that you used self-adhesive??

Also, anyone noticed how the top of the door(top of window frame gives in when you push on it from the outside?? I was driving the other night and had my fingers up between the door frame(above window) and the body of the car, when going over bumps you can really feel the top of the door moving in and out almost to a point where it will pinch your fingers. I was wondering if this could be the cause of some of the rattles???

·
Registered
282 Posts
Jim04 said:
MO Dale, Are the felt strips that you used self-adhesive??
No adhesive, but that would certainly eliminate the possibility of the felt ever moving out of place.

The felt I used was purchased at JoAnn's craft store. It's approximately a 9x12" sheet. I just cut a strip for each door and folded over the edge of a credit card to insert it, so that it is mostly doubled over.

I have noticed the movement between the door and body. Initially, I had wondered about the squeaks coming from there. But, the felt inserted at the door panel has proved otherwise for me.

A chilly 17 degrees F this morning and no squeaks from the doors during my morning commute.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
I would squeek if it was 17F

Brrrrr.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I would squeek if it was 17F

Hey Grip, no complaining from you, you have the Grippee to keep you warm!;)
Bob1

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
True

And it Only 65F here this morning.

And we wish everyone a very Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Brought mine into a Ramsey NJ dealer, the tech guy said we rode it on some really bumpy roads and found out that the striker on your door latch was a little off.

GREAT...
i got my car back with an even louder rattle the day after I picked it up. And now my door doesn't close right.

What is the best way to go about getting the rattle fix? Paper in the trim?? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Paper, business card, felt or anything that will act as a buffer between the trim and the metal door.
Bob1

·
Registered
17 Posts
Excellent info, everyone! I'll use it to pinpoint the many rattles in my new Mo. AND, I'll be waiting for warmer weather. Maybe everything will expand enough to stop the rattling.

Has anyone ever had a rattle (a different sound than the normal metallic-type rattle) in their shifter console panel? I thought it was the cell phone holder lid or the change holder lid, or the cupholder lid, but nope, it's my actual flat shifter console. Only when applying pressure to it while driving with my hand, does this rattle cease. Should I take it in and ask to have them remove and re-install the panel? I LOATHE my dealer, so if I can do it myself (or find a trusty friend), I can try!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi, I have an 04 and there is NO rattles in the shifter console, none in the dash area but plenty in the front door panels. They do go away in the summer time. I have bought lots of felt and foam tape but hadnt tried fixing it yet. Dealer tried 3 times with no luck.
I would take yours back and let the dealer look at it, sounds like something simple.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well, this is terrible..I've been reading the posts re window rattles since my driver's side window and dash -somewhere front middle-started, even in warm weather-low 80's- a few days ago.

By now I hope the Nissan techs at the dealerships know how to fix this!
I got a 2004 Murano SE hoping to avoid those first year kinks!

First, the lock-out problem and the locked gas tank, now the rattles...wonder what's next. (My sons keep playing with the back seat pulling it forward...)

Oh, by Texas law I have to put a license plate at the front too which will ruin the cool look! :(

I will soon have to shop for an extended warranty--maybe I should start a new thread for this....

I have to take my car for an oil change so we'll see what they can do with these problems. Thanks for any input, recommendations, suggestions, etc.

·
Registered
562 Posts
This has got to be my last remaining complaint about the Murano. I have the loud TICK noise from somewhere around the passenger door. I've used felt, foam, grease, etc. to try to get rid of the tick. No luck so far. Its gotten so bad that it doesn't matter whether its warm or cold, the tick is still there. I rode around last weekend with my wife driving to try to isolate the location. Although I had suspected the passenger front door panel, I distinctly heard the tick in the upper portion of the B-pillar. I think I'll take that apart this weekend and have a look to see what could be causing this. Anyone else got any suggestions? But for the tick, I would actually be satisfied with my 04 SE AWD. If I can't find it, I don't know if I'll put up with it for long! If I end up selling the Murano, you can bet it will be replaced by a NON-Nissan vehicle!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Below is the service bulletin that came out, found it listed on nissanhelp.com

If this is the problem you're having, print this out and take it with you to the dealership / and if you're still under warranty have them replace the window(s) rubber surround

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had the same problem in my '04 MO. I took it back to the dealer over a year ago and they did the "fix" that Nissan had at that time and it did not work. However, I took it back two weeks ago and they fixed it! I'm not sure what they did but no more clicks! Heavenly!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Update on my "tick" issue. The dealer service manager heard the tick and confirmed a problem. That was the first visit. They isolated the noise (with my help) to the roof area near the B-Pillar (wasn't the door after all). They tore down the headliner and realized they needed to order new sunroof trim. They gave me back the car with the tick, minus the sunroof trim. Made an appointment when the new trim came in. Again, they took apart the headliner, but realized the sunroof trim part was the wrong one and had to reorder. So now I'm waiting for the new part. Still have the tick. The only progress so far is that they "think" it was something to do with the side curtain airbag components. The plan is to take it apart completely (the side curtain airbag), reassemble and put in the trim when that part arrives supposedly this week.

AURGH!! How frustrating!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
nissan service slack

Interesting and upsetting. So I had the TSB NTB03-109 applied to both doors to fix the door skin tick (tic) so the service invoice read. Well after about a month the tic was back. Having obtained a copy of the TSB online, I decided to take the door apart myself and have a closer look. Turns out they did apply some of the felt repairs to the underside and even reglued one of the main foam blocks as instructed in the TSB. Sad thing is they didn't cover at least 50% of the TSB's instruction. Obviously I picked up the work where the dealer got lazy. (No excuse to not follow the entire bulletin as recommended) I finished applying felt to the remaining key points of contact under door skin as instructed. I still haven't test driven to see if the tic has been eliminated, but I can surely understand why it hadn't been to this point. The passanger door will come of next to see what they did or didn't do under that side.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Problem fixed . . . !!

Hey all:

Got a call from the dealer today and they fixed the problem.

As noted in earlier replies, I have been having a loud tick noise from the B-Pillar/headliner area - typically on bumpy roads or any area where the vehicle experiences body flex. The dealer had to replace the sunroof trim as part of the service (twice ordered due to parts mix ups - I suspect the technician damaged the original trim during tear down and had to order a new one). Well, the correct trim replacement part came in last week and the Murano was in the shop today.

Picked it up this evening and glory be - no tick! Apparently, they got it. This is what the service report noted:

"Customer states that there is a tciking (sic) noise from headliner. Body bolts loose. Road test and inspect vehicle. Found noise coming from ride side B Piller (sic) area at side airbag. Remove headliner and door panel. Remove passengers side seat belt cover and found loose body bolts causing tick. Remove and resecure bolts. Reinstall door panel and headliner. Roadtest. OK"

So that's it for my ticking issues (I HOPE!). Maybe now I can finally enjoy the Murano in peace and quiet!

·
Registered
5 Posts
rattling sound from back of the vehicle

On my 06 Murano, I also had a rattling noise whenever the vehicle drove over uneven surfaces. The sound appeared to be coming from the hatch area. What seemed to work is the adjustment on the rubber-stop for the rear-hatch. It is the round rubber thing located on the hatch, about at the halfway mark. I adjusted it short by turning it clockwise after loosening the locking adjustment nut.

481 - 500 of 511 Posts
About this Discussion
510 Replies
110 Participants
jameswdj96
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing