Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all... so totally off the subject of Murano's....

I'm throwing a 30th birthday party for my wife July 4th weekend at a restaurant. Sunday afternoon 1 - 5p. I'm thinking of doing a theme party... so I'm looking for suggestions, idea's, maybe someone has been to or had a great theme party??

My only thought is a Hawaiian theme, have people wear Hawaiian shirts and serve drinks in coconuts maybe. Things like that?? I dunno... good... bad idea??? Anyone, anyone??

P.S. Her only real love is Traveling around the world. But I don't know how to make that a theme.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Gymkid,

Here's link to a boatload of ideas.

http://www.partydirectory.com/guide/ptytheme.htm

Although, most of the best parties I've attended (or hosted), have just "happened", no theme required.

My wife is a travel nut too! It drives me crazy sometimes. I usually give her trips for her birthdays.

My freaking Visa Bill looks like a calendar for Southwest Airlines!

Good luck.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
TGK-

A few years ago I attended a birthday party that had a traveling theme. The party was held in a group of rooms. Each room was decorated and catered with regional food to reflect a different location - Paris, Hawaii, London, an island in the Caribbean (I can't recall which one), and a small town in PA where the couple had married many years earlier. In each room there was an envelope on the centerpiece that supposedly contained tickets and accommodations for that particular destination. At the end of the evening the guest of honor was to select a single destination for her birthday gift. I forget what she selected, but her husband surprised her by giving her all the envelopes. It was a very enjoyable event.

-njjoe

·
Registered
263 Posts
Wanna go wild, saw this thinge on TV Insomnia.
Some old folks's B-Day party.
All naked~ Drinking, eating, karaoke, whatever?
Nasty old grannys, funny as hell...
It should be wicked!

NZM

1 - 4 of 4 Posts