Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, does anyone else have outside temperature readings which seem too high? Can it be calibrated?

Thanks,

Larry

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
LarryTru-

I had checked mine with a calibrated digital thermometer when I first got the MO. The MO's temp display was within 2 degrees of the digital thermometer. It reads low.

My guess is that the dealer, using the Consult-II tool, may be able to calibrate the temp reading.

-njjoe

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
LarryTru said:
Hello, does anyone else have outside temperature readings which seem too high? Can it be calibrated?

Thanks,

Larry
I have a Black Murano. On a hot, sunny day when I first get in, the thermometer usually reads about 10 degrees higher than the actual temp.

After driving a few minutes, it then shows the correct temperature.

I think the sensor is in the front of the car.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I have the same deal on both Nissan's. I think the culprit is the parking lot or driveway. The pavement/blacktop reflects the immense heat to the sensor. All temps by the way are ALWAYS measured in the shade. When you hear the temps on the weather service they are always and only given from a shade reading and never measured in direct sunlight. Hope this helps.
Bob1

·
Registered
842 Posts
I always find it interesting what the ambient temperature is showing in the car, particularity once it is in the garage. It can sometime show 5-10C higher than what it actually is until the car starts to move then the temperature comes down to were it should be.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
The ambient temperature sensor is located right in front of the AC condensor on the "open" portion of the bottom bumper grill. It will warm up after you park the car from heat radiating from the engine compartment, and it takes a few minutes or so of driving (with the onrushing air cooling it down) for it to get an accurate reading.

This is however, not the sensor the climate control uses to control interior temp. That sensor is located right below the ignition switch (you can see a little plastic cutout with holes on the dash kick panel). The climate control also uses a "sunload sensor" which is one of the sensors on top of the dashboard near the windshield (I dunno which one, but the other one controls the auto headlights).

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
As I recall the sensor on the drivers side is for the headlights and the one on the passenger side is for the climate control.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
The ambient sensor is located on the lower-front section of the grille, to the right of the license plate. Check out the diagram below.

-njjoe

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts