Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home yestday and all of a sudden realized that there were 2 Muranos directly in front of me and 3 behind me.

People must have thought we were part of an Murano club gathering.

·
Registered
42 Posts
That would be rare! I haven't seen many around my area especially compared to other suvs on the road. But I like it that way!

·
Registered
758 Posts
Everywhere

I followed a Blue Murano SL AWD down I4 today on my way home from work. I was right behind him. If he didn't have AWD some people might have thought they were seeing double. He had Kentucky plates though so he was just visiting in the neighborhood. It is pretty rare when I see a Murano around here. Before I bought mine I used to search for them because I wanted one from the time they hit the dealers (or as others have called them "Stealer's") lot.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I see about 1 a day if I'm lucky. Normally I see none. I would be amazed to see 6 in a day let alone 6 in a ROW! :eek: :eek:

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
I see one every few minutes in Toronto, but only about one a day in Ottawa.

·
Registered
117 Posts
They're becoming a lot more popular in the Tri-State area. I used to be able to go days without seeing one and now the minimum is 2-3 a day.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
243 Posts
I beat you all, other day on beltway, I saw about 20 all together, moving in unison.

Incredible sight, all different colors, like a MO rainbow.

All loaded up on one of those auto-trailors, probably delivering to the Nissan deales in the area :2:

·
Registered
18 Posts
In Atlanta they are multiplying like rabbits. I'm glad to see that other people are finding out what a great suv this is.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Yes, this afternoon I pulled out from the dentist behind an exact clone of mine. On my way to the dentist I saw one black and one white one, and, I had the chance to blast the paint off a new RX330 :30: hehe
They definitely are multiplying here. I have had 5 offers at work though for a chance to ride to lunch with me--too bad I'm afraid to leave my perfect between the pillars parking space.

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
CVeeT said:
I beat you all, other day on beltway, I saw about 20 all together, moving in unison.
All loaded up on one of those auto-trailors...
That's cheating... :p

I see about 2 or 3 per week. There is a nice silver one somewhere in my neighborhood (drives by every now and then) so that's the one I see most often. Hopefully that owner won't accuse me of copying him when I buy mine... I also want silver... :D

~ Corin

·
Registered
76 Posts
they're everywhere here in vancouver, b.c ... you see about 10 or more a day! no joke! but vancouver is very small.. but it's cool to see that everyone is driving a mO these days!
the muranos and a4s are taking over vancouver!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I live in a small town and I never see another one unless I travel to Pittsburgh or a similar sized town. Strangely, I see other Nissan's in the area but not Murano's. At least I seem to pay more attention to notice other Nissan vehicles now.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Milk man,
You're right, there are a number of Muranos in Pittsburgh. 2 of them are frequently parked at my gym.

Lucky for me I have yet to see another with the extras I have on mine.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm starting to see a few more (one every two weeks or so) so apparently there still aren't that many here in the Morristown/Bridgewater/Clinton area. When I first bought my Murano a year ago I'd see one maybe every six weeks. A few weeks ago I did spot a Coppertop in my office parking lot though so there's at least one other Murano owner here besides myself.

·
Registered
100 Posts
When I first got mine I would usually see 1 a week while I was driving around. Usually on the highway. Now I can't make it through the day without seeing at least 3 or 4. So they are getting popular, that's for sure!

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
I think it's funny that everytime I do see one I feel the need to announce it to everyone with me. They all look at me kind of oddly, but I can't help it. I think they are awesome looking vehicles. Their uniqueness really appeals to me. It's an addiction. The one day I parked right next to another sunlit copper MO in a mall parking lot and my friend snapped a picture because she couldn't believe there were 2. I get excited because that might be another person joining our little club here.

We should really do something to promote this site on our MO's. Maybe modify what Sw1tched did to his car and make the 3rd breaklight say nissanmurano.org if it would fit?

·
MOtivated!
50 Posts
I see at least one a day on my 20 mile commute. Somebody at the gym just bought one - same color as mine, too. There is a silver one in my neighborhood, and another house I drive by has a copper one.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Last week when I pulled into TGI Friday's, there were 2 MOs parked side by side. Wouldn't you know there was an empty spot beside them. Even though it wasn't the closest open space, I took it, just for the visual. My wife thinks I'm nuts. She's probably right.

When you do see other Muranos, do you acknowledge them with a wave or some other secret signal? I've waved to others I've seen and sometimes I get a response and sometimes I just get a blank stare. They must not be members here or they don't realize what a great vehicle they have.

·
Registered
564 Posts
As a rider, I often give the "low-cool-wave" signal to other bikers as we pass. Seems a solidarity thing amongst motorcyclists - well most riders. There is the notable exception of riders of a certain American brand of motorcycle that unfortunately divides riders into an "us" vs. "them" thing (silly really).

Like others, I've noticed more and more Mo's on the road. But I haven't experienced the wave. I've seen others with appreciating looks, but no outright acknowledgement. Of course, then again, I do commute in the Washington, D.C. area where the most popular hand signal amongst drivers is the one-fingered salute.

This also brings up another issue. How do folks feel about more and more Mo's coming out both in a general sense and specifically to their vehicles? For example, I like the idea of the Mo being a popular vehicle. Confirms my good taste and helps to keep the demand for aftermarket options up. But then again, I also like to think of my Mo as being an original. Haven't seen many Black/Cafe Latte leather Mo's fully loaded (and I kind of like that), but hard to tell whether someone has the internal options from the road! I like all my vehicles to be somewhat unique in character from the outside. What do other listers think?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts