Nissan Murano Forum banner

201 - 220 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Reflection of air vents in the side windows.

Sun glare from hood.

Sun Glare from trim around gear shift.

Stupid divided arm rest, my arm always ends up between the pads.

Center console lack of storage options, seriously my Xterra has coin slots and pen holders. Murano gets a little tray?

None of the power outlets are active when the ignition is off, can’t leave something in the car plugged in to charge while parked.

Hood does not open high enough.

The white ambient light that shines down on the cup holders can’t be turned off. I recently disabled it. Much better!

Cargo area lighting is horrible at night. (but we can see our cup holders just fine!)

Mismatched dash illumination colors with both white and amber. Why not just make it all white?

Steering wheel controls illumination, I’ve owned 7 other vehicles with steering wheel controls, none of them lit up, never had a problem finding the buttons at night.

Can’t turn off the DRLs when parked with the engine running.

Foot activated parking brake rather than a handle or electronic.

Radio turns on with remote start, kind of embarrassing when you leave volume up a little high.

Only Nissan Connect app available is Google search.

Voice actions are worthless. I have not successfully gotten it to lookup a destination after numerous attempts.

Navigation only shows how many minutes till you arrive at your destination not the estimated time of arrival.

Navigation does not show interstate exit numbers in the instrument cluster, only on the main screen when you get close to the exit.

While navigating to a location it will often tell me route guidance is no longer available and stop providing turn by turn directions but it will still show the blue line on the map to indicate where to turn and it will still recognize that you arrived.

Navigation maps in my 2015 are from 2012, Nissan wants $135 to update maps only, no other software updates or apps included.

Bose system does not sound anywhere near as good as the Rockford Fosgate audio in my Xterra. Of course this could be due to the subwoofer being in the spare tire vs. under the drivers seat.

This ended up being a little longer than I expected...

·
Registered
27 Posts
I wish I could completely disable the automatic door lock. It's noisy (it makes a loud clunk and I get surprised every time)) and once in a while the wife tries to get out while still in drive but stopped. I've programmed it so that it unlocks in park instead of igniting off (factory setting). I understand the safety side of this to prevent car/purse/wallet/cell theft. Not a huge problem.
How did you program the unlocking in park instead of ignition off?

·
Registered
712 Posts
This is done through the settings in the dashboard. I've since completely disabled the auto locking function.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Reflection of air vents in the side windows.

Sun glare from hood.

Sun Glare from trim around gear shift.

Stupid divided arm rest, my arm always ends up between the pads.

Center console lack of storage options, seriously my Xterra has coin slots and pen holders. Murano gets a little tray?

None of the power outlets are active when the ignition is off, can’t leave something in the car plugged in to charge while parked.

Hood does not open high enough.

The white ambient light that shines down on the cup holders can’t be turned off. I recently disabled it. Much better!

Cargo area lighting is horrible at night. (but we can see our cup holders just fine!)

Mismatched dash illumination colors with both white and amber. Why not just make it all white?

Steering wheel controls illumination, I’ve owned 7 other vehicles with steering wheel controls, none of them lit up, never had a problem finding the buttons at night.

Can’t turn off the DRLs when parked with the engine running.

Foot activated parking brake rather than a handle or electronic.

Radio turns on with remote start, kind of embarrassing when you leave volume up a little high.

Only Nissan Connect app available is Google search.

Voice actions are worthless. I have not successfully gotten it to lookup a destination after numerous attempts.

Navigation only shows how many minutes till you arrive at your destination not the estimated time of arrival.

Navigation does not show interstate exit numbers in the instrument cluster, only on the main screen when you get close to the exit.

While navigating to a location it will often tell me route guidance is no longer available and stop providing turn by turn directions but it will still show the blue line on the map to indicate where to turn and it will still recognize that you arrived.

Navigation maps in my 2015 are from 2012, Nissan wants $135 to update maps only, no other software updates or apps included.

Bose system does not sound anywhere near as good as the Rockford Fosgate audio in my Xterra. Of course this could be due to the subwoofer being in the spare tire vs. under the drivers seat.

This ended up being a little longer than I expected...

Wow, you should definitely be getting rid of this car, and getting one you actually like. When I don't like a car, I continually find things wrong with it. I have found the best solution is to sell it and move on.

·
Registered
712 Posts
All vehicles have things people don't like. I think we should put a rating of 1 to 10 to qualify what we don't like! The sun glare from the hood is a 10 for me on a sunny day (and 0 on a cloudy day or at night) and the rest of the things I reported earlier more or less a 3. Not enough to trade in after only one year of ownership plus nothing else comes close for my needs at the same price.

I just wish Nissan would have resolved some of these issues as part of a mid-cycle refresh. Typically in their usual 6 year life span before a new gen comes out, this should have happened for the 2018 model year; all they did was to add Apple Play for 2017.5 then for 2018 Android Auto, a slightly redesigned console, FEB on all trims and they added foot operated liftgate on higher trim. Not exactly ground breaking IMO...I wonder if the 2019 will have a redesigned hood or if we'll have to wait for the next gen???

·
Registered
735 Posts
All vehicles have things people don't like. I think we should put a rating of 1 to 10 to qualify what we don't like! The sun glare from the hood is a 10 for me on a sunny day (and 0 on a cloudy day or at night) and the rest of the things I reported earlier more or less a 3. Not enough to trade in after only one year of ownership plus nothing else comes close for my needs at the same price.
Agreed - best vehicle at the price point for me as well. Also, many of these issues are relative. I find the vent trim ring reflection annoying, but not very difficult to look past (for me - others percieve this differently). The hood reflection seemed to be a non-issue until I drove east - west route at sunset, then it was “Holy Crap! That is bad!” However, I rarely drive at that time, so for me it is a minor annoyance, but for someone in the sunbelt doing a daily commute in that sun would be bad and having me curse Nissan repeatedly >:D

·
Registered
712 Posts
Is this possibly a 2017 setting? (Others?) I can't find anywhere to change the auto unlock setting from 'ignition off' to 'park'. thanks

I'm pretty sure all model years starting in 2015 have this; check your manual if you have one it should be in the controls and instruments section (That's where it is in my Canadian version). This is done throught the screen right in front of you, not the big one in the head unit. First ignition on or engine running. On the left part of the steering wheel there is a button with a left and a right arrow. Press either one several times until you see Vehicle settings. Press the OK button and scroll down until you see Locking, press OK again and choose Shift into Park, press OK and exit. Good luck and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm pretty sure all model years starting in 2015 have this; check your manual if you have one it should be in the controls and instruments section (That's where it is in my Canadian version). This is done throught the screen right in front of you, not the big one in the head unit. First ignition on or engine running. On the left part of the steering wheel there is a button with a left and a right arrow. Press either one several times until you see Vehicle settings. Press the OK button and scroll down until you see Locking, press OK again and choose Shift into Park, press OK and exit. Good luck and welcome to the forum!
Just checked, the 2015 Platinum does not have that Shift into Park option in the Locking settings. Boo for me, I want it to unlock in Park so passengers can get out or in. Thank you for looking for me.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Just checked, the 2015 Platinum does not have that Shift into Park option in the Locking settings. Boo for me, I want it to unlock in Park so passengers can get out or in. Thank you for looking for me.
Go to your Nissan dealer and have them reprogram it. I don't have the specific info handy but if you ask them to do it they may have to look it up but it can be done. I went and had it done as soon as I read that it was possible.

·
Registered
646 Posts
This has to be done by the dealer. I had them do it while I was in for standard service and they didn't charge me. First, you have to be insistent, best to bring some kind of written proof. Also, tell them it's in the Factory Service Manual (FSM). Section DLK, page 23 & 24 in the 2016 FSM.

Mine is now set to lock when I shift out of Park and unlock when I shift back into Park. Much less annoying.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thank you all, this is good to know. Best to do it while still in full warranty, I have 3 mos left. I wonder if they can also program the start up screen to be other than the map.
Thanks!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Go to your Nissan dealer and have them reprogram it. I don't have the specific info handy but if you ask them to do it they may have to look it up but it can be done. I went and had it done as soon as I read that it was possible.
This has to be done by the dealer. I had them do it while I was in for standard service and they didn't charge me. First, you have to be insistent, best to bring some kind of written proof. Also, tell them it's in the Factory Service Manual (FSM). Section DLK, page 23 & 24 in the 2016 FSM.

Mine is now set to lock when I shift out of Park and unlock when I shift back into Park. Much less annoying.
today

Just got back from dealer, they took a copy of the info above and they programmed the unlock in Park for me. It wasn't something they seemed familiar with, so now they know. Thank you for the info User8 and PaulDay. Also got gear shift knob replaced under warranty based on another post, so double score today for the forum :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
This can be turned off, so that the mirror does not move. if the selector is in the middle position, if it's in the right or left then the mirrors will tilt down

This feature is great for seeing the curb when backing up, so that you don't damage your rims, but with the advent of the cameras this is becoming redundant more and more
Which model do you have? I have a 2016 SV model and never heard that the side mirrors are suposed to tilt...

·
Registered
712 Posts
As far as I know, they don't tilt on Canadian SV models. Only on SL and Platinum models as they have the mirror memory function.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I turned my wife’s power tilt off. I don’t want the $800 bill to fix the blown out plastic garbage gears when it’s out of warranty.

201 - 220 of 243 Posts