Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all - just joined so I can ask a question. I am interested in buying a 2020 Nissan Murano Platinum AWD. I researched the CVT and found so many issues and lawsuits for this transmission on Nissans. I cannot find anywhere on the internet when I research if Nissan has corrected issues from previous years and does the CVT problems still persist with the 2020 models. I really like this car and want to purchase it, but am a bit nervous that I may made a wrong decision. Does anyone have any experience with a 2020 model? Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
1,097 Posts
Rest easy! The CVT has been around many years and is currently being used by a large majority of auto manufacturers, with some of them using the CVT across almost their entire line.

If there was a major issue with CVT's, manufacturers would not be using them.

Forums are a great place to get help, information, and get informed about possible issues. BUT, remember that 1 out of 10 will post about a CVT problem, and only 1 out of a 100 will post about how much they love their CVT.

The odds are greatly in your favor. Enjoy your new ride if you get it.

Have a good day.

Reactions: MuranoSL2003

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rest easy! The CVT has been around many years and is currently being used by a large majority of auto manufacturers, with some of them using the CVT across almost their entire line.

If there was a major issue with CVT's, manufacturers would not be using them.

Forums are a great place to get help, information, and get informed about possible issues. BUT, remember that 1 out of 10 will post about a CVT problem, and only 1 out of a 100 will post about how much they love their CVT.

The odds are greatly in your favor. Enjoy your new ride if you get it.

Have a good day.
Paul, Thank you for your response.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all - just joined so I can ask a question. I am interested in buying a 2020 Nissan Murano Platinum AWD. I researched the CVT and found so many issues and lawsuits for this transmission on Nissans. I cannot find anywhere on the internet when I research if Nissan has corrected issues from previous years and does the CVT problems still persist with the 2020 models. I really like this car and want to purchase it, but am a bit nervous that I may made a wrong decision. Does anyone have any experience with a 2020 model? Thank you.
Just purchased a 2020 Nissan Muano Platinum and picking it up Wednesday. We can't wait! Did some research and yes I heard there were issues too but also a lot of pros to the CVT but given it is used in many vehicles and the Murano itself for the last few years, we decided to go with it. Here's hoping all is well with it and best of luck with your new vehicle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Personally, I would say hold off for the 2021 model year. The 2020 is very similar to the 2015, so it needs a little bit of love. There may be a major redesign like in the Rogue's 2021, so if you can at least wait to see it I would.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts