Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GF and I are thinking of Getting a Preowned Mo, but we have a few questions.
1. What MAJOR and CONSISTANT problems are the Mo's having (to many post to search them all, sorry)

2. Is there a huge differnce between the CVT and the6 speed CVT?

3. What is the Real world MPG?

4. How would you rate your Mo overall?

5. Would you buy it again or suggest a friend to buy one?

Thanx

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
spydermn-

I can save both of us some time by answering your last question first... Yeah. There really is no other car quite like it... yet.

Let's see...

#1 - Problems with earlier models included squeaks (fixed), bad alternator (fixed), and rocking drivers seat (fixed).

#2 - They are the same exact CVT. The pseudo-6-speed CVT has electronics that lets you "shift" between 6 ratios or choose the automatic mode. The "regular" CVT has three modes (D, Ds, and L). The six-speed offers no performance or economy advantage over the regular CVT.

#3 - Depending on your driving habits and environment you can get anywhere from the mid-teens in aggressive city driving to the high twenties on the highway.

#4 - I give it a 7 out of 10. More power and rear-wheel drive would have earned it an 8. The ability to get leather WITHOUT the damn sunroof package would have earn it a 9. Only the addition of a Porsche nameplate would have gotten it a 10.

#5 - Yeah.

I hope this helps.

-njjoe

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
we as well as many other members are on our second murano. other than said squeeks and rattles, there is nothing like it on the road. we get around 13 l/100km so it's not to shabby and 8-9 on the highway. i'd also give the mo about a 7, i wouldn't mind a smooth shifting six speed with more power over the cvt and a bit better build quality.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Me three...7 out 10
Invest 3-5k mod 8 out 10
Invest 10k mod 9 out 10
Want 10, still looking around.

NZM

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just bought an 06 about 3 weeks ago. I have about 1k on it so far. No issues. typical Nissan for me, I left the dealer and have not been back. I like the ride and looks. With the seats down you have some nice room back there. I fly radio controlled airplanes and helicopters and it all fits easily.

The instrument console and controls are easy to use. I love the adjustable pedals. I am short with long arms. I was able to bring the pedals forward a good deal and push the seat back so my arms were not crunched while driving.

From reading this forum I discovered the center arm rest can move forward, that was a nice surprise. The color LCD display is great and with an iPod adapter from Nissan you can use the display and stereo to control your iPod.

I bought mine fairly plain, AWD, Bose and mud guards and something on the roof rack. I don't care for leather. It disappointed me that with the 7" display you cannot get factory Nav unless you load up the Murano with all features. That is silly since the display is one the more costly parts of any Nav system.

So far I am getting 22mpg using regular. The power is ok but somehow I think the CVT effects the overall power.

Bottom line no regrets.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts