Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my Murano, and would normally never consider trading it this early in the Smart Buy. But I traded in the wife's minivan in on a Chevy Trailblazer (Not the EXT and yes it was a temporary moment of insanity) and now regret not having a vehicle with more passenger room and the Trailblaze depreciated $13,000 as soon as I drove it off the lot.

Anyway the Murano has held up its value much better so it would be the trade in :( . Has anyone here driven both the Murano and the Armada and tell me some impressions of the Armada? They seem nice, the major downer would be the fuel economy and losing the sporty handling of the Murano.

I may just tough it out and wait for her car lease to be over (Only 45 more months :( ). Sad thing is I probably could have just traded her van in on an Armada at the time and had close to the same payment. Oh well live and learn.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Though I am a 13-year Nissan enthusiast and was elated with introduction of the Titan and Armada, I must sadly say that they have had problems with them: http://www.detnews.com/2004/autosinsider/0406/29/c01-197497.htm
Hopefully these setbacks will do little damage to the corporate image of Nissan and the sales for the new full sizers will not suffer much.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't do it. I think it all depends on what you are looking for, but I feel that the Murano has more to offer.

The murano has better styling, has the AWD option, sporty handling, and better fuel economy. Don't trade the MO because it has held its value! That's the reason you should keep it!

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I think unless you drive more then 4 people on a frequent basis and find the luggage space in the Murano inadequate, the Armada would not be a good choice - its guzzles gas and doesn't handle as well. And you will immediately miss the smoothness of the CVT.

That said, if you do drive more than 4 people frequently, perhaps a minivan (yes, thats what I said) like a Toyota Sienna would be better - again, they handle and ride better than a truck based SUV. If you tow a boat, go for the Armada..

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I love the MO and the room thus far is fabulous.... and the handling aint' bad either. I'm not a big fan of the full size SUVs but I must say that I love the looks of the Armada. If I need to get something that big I would probably go with it.

Have you given one a test drive yet?

ITS A BEAST!

·
Registered
323 Posts
I own both. Armada is great on paper. It tows like a demon and the engine/tranny are great. Gas mileage for the size and power are quite good. The vehicle has poor structural stability, esp torsional. EVERY frost heave or pothole causes the car to shake... steering wheel, dashboard, the rear end vibrates and rattles, on and on.... The interior looks OK, but is cheaply made and POORLY assembled. LOTS of rattles, squeaks etc. Having said that, I do like the truck. None of this stuff will ever get fixed, so make sure you really like it and it fits your needs. They are NOT equivalent vehicles. Go to Armada section on Fresh Alloy, or if you really want to see some *****ing, go to the Armada forum on Edmund's.

·
Registered
29 Posts
When I first saw the pre-release info on the Armada; I decided right then and there, that when it came time to replace my Jeep Cherokee.....I would get the Armada.

......and then came the reports of problems with the Titans and the Armadas being built at the plant here in the U.S.
This news combined with the recent increase in gas prices, and it's rough ride caused me to look at other SUV's.

I didn't have to look too far to my new SUV......just across the lot. :29:

·
Registered
20 Posts
My dad is out of the country and i've been driving his armada le awd for about a month now. Interior is dissapointing. Squeaks and rattles. The dash looks really cheap. Engine is somewhat noisy and it has less features than the Mo. But it is super quick for a full size suv. Exterior looks like an oversize xterra.

·
Registered
717 Posts
It seems like all the vehicles built in the new factory are having some fairly significant quality control issues. In my opinion, out of all the full size SUV's available, the Armada is still likely to be the best over the long haul.

Personally, I'd wait a year or so and let the factory "settle" a bit and improve their quality.

Nissan's (Ghosen running North American operations now?) not going to let the Titan and Armada fail due to either poor QC or substandard parts engineering, there's way too much money (not to mention reputation) at risk.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I have three boys and have noticed that they fight a lot more now that they are all sitting right next to each other. I don't want to go back to a Minivan again right now, and I definetly wouldn't go from a MO to a Minivan.

I have heard that the May 1 or later Armada's have some running fixes that address most of the dash rattle issues, but it is still the first year and made in the same plant. I am probably just better off waiting for the Trailblazer lease to end and just keep the MO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts