Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a night shot of my third brake light cover... looks real slick at night-also gets some attention. Just peel and stick, it is weatherproof and if need be can be removed easily.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
darkoch-

That's original. I've never seen that on a MO.

My roommate had a 944 and the rear center section had a lighted PORSCHE panel. I always thought that was cool, yet redundant, because anyone who knew cars already knew it was a Porsche even without the lighted display. But it was cool none the less.

Unfortunately your MURANO light cover may not be legal. I know here in New Jersey it is illegal to tint or modify the third brake light.

Who cares. It looks good!

-njjoe

·
Registered
842 Posts
Darkoch
Where did you find that sticker and what is the cost?, hope you are enjoying the rain.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
If you get stopped just tell em your name is Soprano

:2:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's right- through ebay- go to custombrakelights.com..about $14.00 taxes and shipping included. I think mine was shipped out of Vancouver, B.C. All this rain makes you wonder if your living on the west coast...:eek:

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
I have one too. From ebay, really cheap, and has been on for about a year now without any problems. I like it. Subtle, nobody even notices it until the brake light is on, and it actually looks like it's really part of the car, not just a stick-on.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I take a pass, too generic for me.
Try count how many Nissan and Murano written on your car.
Hey~ one is good enough for me!

NZM

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
darkoch said:
Here is a night shot of my third brake light cover... looks real slick at night-also gets some attention. Just peel and stick, it is weatherproof and if need be can be removed easily.
It is not seen everywhere and if you debadged the rear it could be a nice way to still identiy the MO.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Can anybody tell me the dimensions of the sticker??
Is the sticker around letters tinted and the letters clear or are they cut out of the tinted sticker?
As it is a little difficult for me to buy it on ebay, I have to find a local solution...that someone here make it for me!
The problem on European MOs is that we have a sign and some letters written on the last lighted field on the right. There are also some words Nissan...etc on the lower part on the right side.
Does the US third brake light have the whole surface smooth?:confused:

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Alex,

It is not smooth. I apply the sticker over letters and it holding pretty well. Letters are cut out on the black vinyl.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Alex, the dimensions are---12 1/4" wide by 1" high. The letters are cut out of the black sticker. My Canadian model does have those letters(Nissan etc.) on the bottom right and the sticker goes right over top. Hope this helps

1 - 15 of 15 Posts