Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and looked back at old posts but didnt find a good answer.

Has anyone bought a third party extended warranty? if so who would you recommend OR would you recommend one?

i bought my new 03 MO SL in Aug with 800 miles on it and the 36k warranty. Now its March with 20,000 on it. : ) We drive it alot!

Soooo if we want to keep this MO basically forever can you help me with a recommendation?

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
I always buy the factory extended warrantees because they seem to be less headaches. I think you can still get yours from Nissan as long as you have the original 36k in force. Call as many dealers as you can as price will vary greatly from one place to next. Go for highest mileage with short time and save even more!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Third Party Warrant Help

I found this warranty online at www.autowarranties.com and this is the info they gave me. Is this worth it? Can I trust them? Please help!!!
It is the cheapest one I can find. Even after talking to my dealers
Please help
Thanks
Mike……..

THIS PLAN IS THE BEST COVERAGE AVAILABLE.

Warranty Offered By: Auto Advantage Inc.

Underwriter's AM Best Rating: Superior (Which means the highest level of financial security)
Vehicle Eligibility: YES, This vehicle qualifies

Auto Advantage Inc.
* Extended Warranties Direct to consumers, is our Business
* We offer only Premium Vehicle warranties
* No Gimmicks, No Coupons and No Up Selling tactics ever!
* Due to our large volume we offer the LOWEST PRICES FROM THE START, for the most comprehensive Bumper to Bumper coverage available for your Vehicle.
* Our company is owned and staffed by warranty experts, not Salespeople or Telemarketers.
* We understand the three most important words "Yes It's Covered"

PLEASE PRINT THIS E MAIL!
Thank you for your request for a price quote for an extended warranty. These prices are all for Bumper to Bumper Coverage warranties. This is one of the most comprehensive policies that are available. Coverage includes factory installed radio systems and Hi-Tech items, which most other companies exclude, form their so - called Bumper to Bumper plans, as well as the emissions system and breakdown and failure due to NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR on all covered items. See Policy Details at bottom of E-Mail for coverage details.
*** Policy starts from the date of policy purchase zero miles.

Ref. # FFBBC1BN1224125 (04)
Platinum Bumper-To-Bumper Plan
$100.00 Deductible
2 Year/ 60,000 Mile- $ 757.00
3 Year/ 60,000 Mile- $ 836.00
3 Year/ 75,000 Mile- $ 947.00
3 Year/100,000 Mile- $1,103.00
4 Year/ 60,000 Mile- $ 892.00
4 Year/ 75,000 Mile- $1,019.00
4 Year/100,000 Mile- $1,264.00
5 Year/ 70,000 Mile- $1,047.00
5 Year/ 85,000 Mile- $1,192.00
5 Year/ 100,000 Mile- $1,450.00

Lower deductibles are also available:
For $50.00 Deductible- Add $50.00
For $ 0.00 Deductible- Add $150.00

This warranty starts from the *zero mileage and from the *date of policy purchase.
(Example: A 7 Year/100,000 Mile warranty on a vehicle with 11,500 miles would get you 7 additional years of coverage from the day you purchase the warranty or until the vehicle reaches 100,000 miles.)

All Plans include:
* Towing
* Rental
* Trip Interruption
* All Warranties Are Transferable & Renewable.
* One Deductible Per Repair Visit

Repairs can be done at any repair shop or dealership in the United States. Payment will be made to the repair facility by the warranty administrator's Corporate Visa card account.

For further information please call me at 1-800-933-9190, or E-mail me at [email protected]. If you would like to see a sample brochure we can send you one in the mail. Thanks again for your interest. We hope we can be your warranty source both now and in the future.

WHAT IS NOT COVERED"
Any damage caused by abuse, negligence, accident, collision, theft or fire. Any servicing, maintenance, tune-ups, oil changes, fluid replacements, etc. as recommended and required by the manufacturer including adjustments and alignments (except when required in conjunction with a covered repair). All fasteners including not limited to, studs, nuts, pins, clips and retainers. Any damage due to rust, corrosion or contamination. Any part to normally designed to be serviced or replaced within usage during the life of the vehicle, such as, but not limited to: filters, lubricants, coolants, fluids (except when required in conjunction with a covered repair), spark plugs, spark plug wires, glow plugs, light bulbs, fuses, brake rotors, brake drums, brake pads, brake linings, manual/hydraulic/electronic clutch assemblies, shock absorbers, battery, battery cables, throttle body assembly (except injectors), exhaust system (except manifold), belts and hoses (except A/C high-pressure hoses). All glass, lenses, sealed beams, tires, trim, moldings, bright metal and upholstery, and paint.

Hal J. Moses
President
Auto Advantage Inc.
1-800-933-9190

·
Registered
74 Posts
When i purchased my Murano i got the 5/100K warrenty for 1360 and that has a 0 deductible. Seems more expensive to get a third party

5 Year/ 100,000 Mile- $1,450.00 with 100 deductible.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i was expecting to pay more since i am getting it after i initially bought the car. but is the company and the plan good if i go with it?

·
Registered
301 Posts
You can try checking out epinions.com. They provide reviews from consumers on almost anything, as long as someone writes about them. When I was considering switching to Geico (now that they insure NJ), I was reading about people's reviews and found it very helpful.

If you don't mind posting. How much were the dealerships charging in comparison, like for the 5yr/100K?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Years ago, I purchased a third party warranty for my Ford Explorer and it was the worst decision I ever made when it comes to purchasing a vehicle. It was very specific on what it did and did not cover (mostly didn't cover)...and it was not there for me when I needed work done. If you go the third party route, ask lots of questions and be sure to read the documentation.

Good luck:)

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I had Warranty Direct on my Jaguar.
http://www.warrantydirect.com/

They have been around forever.
Their warranty is as good as the factory warranty.
It was transferrable (For a small fee...$25?.....which is valuable if you sell to a private party)
Of course, they do not double warranty.
So, for instance, if you buy a 5/60 from them and you A/C goes out after your factory warranty runs out (3/36) but before your extended warranty runs out, it is covered.
But your drivetrain would not be covered at the same time.
Why?
Because the factory warranty would cover the drivetrain for 5/60.

So just understand what you are buying.

Some people say that dealers don't like working with 3rd party warranty.
That's a bunch of hooey.
The big advantage of working with a 3rd party is that the dealer gets paid when the job is done. (Credit card over the phone)
Ask them how long they wait for Nissan to pay them.

I bot the Nissan extended warranty this time because I offered them a price and they took it.

I would recommend Waranty Direct.

I can't comment on Auto Advantage.
IMO, a company's history is every bit as important as there coverage/price.

Homer

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Mikeyusa said:
well i was expecting to pay more since i am getting it after i initially bought the car. but is the company and the plan good if i go with it?
You can buy Nissan extended warranty as long as you have the original factory warranty in force. I got a 7 year/100K for $1,400 @ $0 Deductible so this 3rd party contract seems to be high. If you expect to drive a lot, get 5 year 100k miles which is much cheaper. Take the 3rd party price qoutes (and other dealer qoutes) to several dealers. You will be surprised at the kind of deal they would be willing to make in order to sell you the warranty!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts