Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is an UNBELIEVABLE resource.

Within one week of using it, I've...

1. Met a guy who bought his MO not just at the same dealer, but through the same salesman!

2. Had another user (Homer, my hero) send me an extra Cargo Net he had "lying around". This guy wouldn't even let me pay his postage!

3. Learned an absolute TON of information that would have taken me months if not years to figure out on my own. (Although I did find that little hook thing that holds up the lid of the storage area on my own, no thanks to you guys ;) )

Enforcer, you've assembled a stellar crew!

Thanks All

·
5,268 Posts
MVTCFP,

so now is time for you to contribute..................:2:

I agree with you, this forum is great. Just keep posting, guys.........

·
4,664 Posts
Actually the hooks there to hold the cover up. You hook it over the rubber edge when the hatch is up.

So that's what the tray looks like.... Don't have them in Canada. We got the full size spare with the aluminum wheel.... Just like the other four.

If you really want to have fun trying to figure out what's gone on, go back to the oldest posts. Actually, it was pretty dead here originally, when I joined, and all the action was on FA, but most of us moved here, as it's better designed and focused on the Murano. Many of the originals have moved on, but there's still a few of us around from the first few months. There was a lot of excitement about the Murano... And so much to discover!:D

·
4,664 Posts
Hmmm... The more I look at your pictures Enforcer, the more I see somethings very different. I'll have to take some of mine for comparison!

·
Registered
66 Posts
IN canada

In Canada they also have the Nissan OEM deer whistles mounted on the front bumper. Another accessory tested by Nissan's Marketing Department before offering it in the US.
You know Jaak we need that extra tray to stash extra Jack Daniels bottles when traveling over the border to go fishing.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Deer Whistle???

Can someone show me a pic? Im curious where it is and does it make a sound only deers can hear or will it annoy all the ppl around me as I drive?

·
4,664 Posts
Wow, you guys are still falling for that? Hmmm... I wonder if we should tell you.... We only give those to Americans when they visit, so we can tell where they are. We put Beer Whistles on ours...

Hear a Deer whistle? Hide the party in the woods. Hear a Beer Whistle? Invite him, he's got more cases!

Of course, I'm kidding, but I can't believe how unprofessional our north american accessory people seem to be here. It sounds more like a few buddies testing parts in their garage than an automotive manufacturer. Maybe it's just first impressions, and the snapshot of info is only a glimpse. :ucrazy:

·
Registered
66 Posts
deer

Oh course I was only kidding. But dont tell the majority of the people in Wisconsin that and those people over the age of 72 in Minnesota because they have them mounted on their car.
Now if you want one for your M-O, This company would be more than happy to sell it to you. But its not OEM

http://www.deer-whistle.com

:eek:

I think they come in Sunlit Copper too!

·
4,664 Posts
Right on, I'm ordering mine today!!! I'll buy anthing that comes in Sunlit Copper. I almost bought an FX, then they told me it was Liquid Copper, and I said "No, I'm sorry, unless you can repaint it, it's not the same colour. It says so right here in the Brochure!"

I had to go in for weeks of therapy when I got the Nissan Paint Stick and it was labelled "Orange". ORANGE!!! AHHHHHRRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!:cursin:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Deer whistles doesn't work

BTW - for those that don't know already.

They have done extensive testing and the deer whistles do not work at all.
I watched a show on 20/20 about it. I guess it was more of a marketing thing that they would work, and people bought them, so they made the money they were looking for.

But as far as my knowledge is, they DO NOT WORK TO MAKE IT SAFER TO DRIVE AND SCARE DEER AWAY.
In fact they said that if a deer is in the road it will make them stay there and be blinded by your headlights nad not get out of the road.

May be true, may not be. Just from what I heard. I won't be wasting my money on them.

Chez

·
4,664 Posts
Did they test the Beer whistles?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts