Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading the threads about the mystery auto locking doors of the MO. I personnally (knock on wood) have never been locked out. The other day, my sister went out to the driveway where her 2000 Toyota Celica was parked. She unlocked her doors then locked them. Immediately the two front windows in my MO went down half way. Like when you hold the unlock button on the fob for a few seconds. She cam in a told me right a way because it was raining out side. I didn't believe her so we tried it again and sure enough they went down with the lock ing of her Toyota key fob.....What are the chances of that?!? They both produce similar frequency's Make's me kind of think twice when I park the MO in a parking lot. Just thought I'd share :)

·
Registered
593 Posts
Maybe there should be (or is) an option to turn off the feature which lowers the windows using the keyfob. I never use that feature myself.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I tried it with my wifes Camry but it didn't do anything. I would say it was just a coincidence but there are probably only so many frequencies they can transmit on. Given the Intelligent key on mine you dont need a key to start it so it's even scarier. But that's why I pay insurance I guess. :cool:

·
4,601 Posts
I'd be tempted to program out your existing remotes, and put them back in to see which one seems to have the codes that are similar.

Then program it out again and go get another one...

There's only so many combinations, but that one looks like a bad one to have in the system!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts