Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So awesome, in fact, no one here in Fredericksburg has any!

With 3,700 miles - the wife ran over an old Ford ignition key (looks like the same one I had in my '67 Galaxie). The key went right into the edge of the thread - right where it begins to curve into the sidewall. About a 1/4 inch gash.

Brought the tire to NTB - they tried to patch it/plug it - but no luck. Put air in it and it was still leaking.

So, we had to order one $132.00 - and in the meantime, have to drive on the spare for 3 days until the new one arrives from the warehouse in Pennsylvania.

Shop around locally and see who carries these in your neighborhood, just in case you find a key or a nail like we did.

- Jim

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hate to say it, but I have already figured this one out the hard way. After 20 calls and no tires to be found, I waited 3 days for a special order. My goodyear dealer is now stocking them as a result of my inability to find them locally.

·
Registered
792 Posts
We had to get ours from Discount Tire - special order of course.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Try tirerack.com

I know they list as having them, but it my be a different story if you actually try to buy them. I have to tell you though I am not a big fan of these goodyear tires. I had a 2002 Jetta that had gotten two flats in a week from a nail and a sharp rock. When I first got the Jetta I thought these tires were great, but when I replaced them after getting the flats I used Bridgestone RE950's and they were much much better than the goodyears. They held the road so much better, in all conditions, even snow, were much more responsive, and they had a higher wear rating. The only downside is that there was a little more road noise while driving a slow speeds in the city, however they were much quieter while driving on the highway..I wish they made them in the same size for the MO...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tire Arrived -

Well, it only took two days, but the tire arrived. Had it mounted last night. Back in business until the wife runs something over again. (woops -- I think she's a member of this forum) - Jim

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Re: Tire Arrived -

jimb said:
Well, it only took two days, but the tire arrived. Had it mounted last night. Back in business until the wife runs something over again. (woops -- I think she's a member of this forum) - Jim

I think if she reads this thread, she will try to run over your foot! My advice - wear boots. :D

Hopefully in a year or so more tire options will exist in the Murano's stock tire size. The Goodyears are truly pitiful in anything but a perfect dry road.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree. I had Goodyears on my Durango when I bought it. It's a miracle I am alive today. Replaced them with Michelins, what a difference.
I will definately be looking at other options when the Good Year's wear out. Hopefully by then, there will be some choices in this particular size. The guy told me at NTB that the Goodyears have a "new number." They had never heard of it when I brought it in. - Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts