Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thyoughts about a Magnet bra.

I was wondering if anyone has had one. Knew someone that did etc.
I know the Clear 3m tape is best. However its kinda pricey.
Any advice on either would be ooo so great......
Jim
:2:

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I had the Weathertech bug deflector, then switched to a Colgan full front bra. It looks great and is a perfect fit. I had a bra on my 97 Maxima for 6 years and never had single problem with paint fogging up, or scratches...etc.. If you take care of your car regularly a regular bra looks better than the magnet bra, and give better front area protection from rocks and dings.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
lOTS OF POSTS ON THIS i HAVE THE BLACK mAGNETBRA ON A sILVER sl , AND i LOVE IT. $35 ON EBAY.
Sorry I have caps lock syndrome today!

·
Registered
145 Posts
The magnet bra is THE best. Low visibility, follows the contour of the
hood precisely, relatively cheap ($35-40 bucks) and very low
maintanance. go on eBay and take a look for yourself.
It really looks good. :26:
Specially on a Super black Mo.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I am confused...what exectly does the magnet bra protect? Just the front part of the hood right? What about the whole front of the car? I assume only the clear bra, or a full bra will protect right?

·
Registered
48 Posts
all car bras mentioned, be they magnet, clear, leather or otherwise, will generally only protect the leading few inches of a hood, which is where debris impact is at the steepest angle and is most likely to damage the hood.

To do the whole hood with, say, ClearShield, well, it can certainly be done... I personally don't like the way the clear bra looks when you can see the trailing edge either from very slight lifting or by being dirty at that edge, but maybe "cellophaning" your whole front end would do the trick.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
With my magnetbra, I see a lot of "hits" on the bra, and virtually none elsewhere.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For those that have the Magnet bra. I am worried that it will slide etc and cause scratches etc to the hood.

Is this a valid concern?

·
Registered
719 Posts
It won't slide at all assuming you have it nice and warm (and the car too) when you apply it. Mine has been absolutly perfect in protecting the hood for the first 15,000 miles and I only had one small problem with debris/water getting under it.

Like any bra, the car needs to be kept perfectly clean underneath the bra and a few good coats of wax will help also. I haven't used mine all winter just because it's too hard to deal with the differnet weather conditions here in Wisconsin.

I'll put mine back on here in the next week or two when the weather's changed for the season.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Mine has never slid. It fits perfectly due to the locking molding on the entire front edge. The wintertime (lots of cinders and gravel on Oregon roads) is the only time I need it!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the feedback. I would prefer the clear bra. However the cost is killer. SAT radio is my next item. :)
I take it everyone ordered it staight from the web site?
jiM t

·
Registered
545 Posts
I am a real fanatic when it comes to car protection, so I suppose that I will get a Colgan Bra. I like the look of the Carbon Fiber 2-piece full model.

What is involved in the installation?
Pretty simple and straightforward?
Any chance of discoloration, etc. underneath?

Colgan site recommends removing the bra whenever wet to prevent clouding, and shouldn't be allowed to dry on the car.

Thanx!

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
elliotgb said:
I am a real fanatic when it comes to car protection, so I suppose that I will get a Colgan Bra. I like the look of the Carbon Fiber 2-piece full model.

What is involved in the installation?
Pretty simple and straightforward?
Any chance of discoloration, etc. underneath?

Colgan site recommends removing the bra whenever wet to prevent clouding, and shouldn't be allowed to dry on the car.

Thanx!

I have had no problems with the Colgan bra. It fits perfectly. As for maintenance, I've had a Nissan bra on my 97 Maxima since new and rarely removed it unless I was waxing the car. Area underneath it never faded, or clouded. I think the key is keeping the paint very well waxed underneath, then you will not have to worry about the bra getting wet. Thats just my experience, but there are also those people who remove it all the time, which I think is an unnecessary hassle.

·
Mo Betta
164 Posts
Best protection in rainy, buggy south?

Eric,

I went to the Colgan site and found the various bras for the Mo, but the photos were of everything but the Mo. I was hoping you had photos of yours in the gallery.

I'm trying to decide between a bra and the WeatherTech bug/rock deflector. We get a lot of rain in south Louisiana and bras aren't very popular. I'm also not big on washing/waxing my vehicle. I'm afraid that a bra might not be a good choice for my Mo but it does offer more protection than the bug deflector.

Bug deflectors are a lot more common down here, and we do some some serious bug problems (the dreaded love bug) a couple of times a year. Rocks are not a big problem although I have gotten the occasional rock chip in the windshields of several of my vehicles. The bug deflector on my Xterra seems to do a good job of reducing the number of love bugs that get squashed on the X.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Re: Best protection in rainy, buggy south?

Dij said:
Eric,

I went to the Colgan site and found the various bras for the Mo, but the photos were of everything but the Mo. I was hoping you had photos of yours in the gallery.

I'm trying to decide between a bra and the WeatherTech bug/rock deflector. We get a lot of rain in south Louisiana and bras aren't very popular. I'm also not big on washing/waxing my vehicle. I'm afraid that a bra might not be a good choice for my Mo but it does offer more protection than the bug deflector.

Bug deflectors are a lot more common down here, and we do some some serious bug problems (the dreaded love bug) a couple of times a year. Rocks are not a big problem although I have gotten the occasional rock chip in the windshields of several of my vehicles. The bug deflector on my Xterra seems to do a good job of reducing the number of love bugs that get squashed on the X.
I will try to post a picture up later today or tomorrow.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Magnet Bra

I just purchased the Magnet Bra off of E-Bay for $41.00 plus 9.95 Shipping. I also found the cost of the Clear Bra to be a little high at this time. So far I've put on the Rear Bumper protector, tinted the two front windows, and now purchased the Magnet Bra. I'm looking at the Nerf Bars as my next project.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Please post some pictures of the mag bra... from a far and close would be great.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Another opinion...on magnet bra..

I bought thme around 2 months ago from ebay. So far it does the job. Why? Because i notice some light scratch on it, i think some chips or small stone hit the surface of the bra.

Anyway, for protection, it protects but not the entire front part of the murano. So if you can find a bigger 'bra' that will offer better protection, it will be a better comprimise. The 3M transparent bra are expensive indeed.

PERSONAL opinion:
Magnet bra will look better for a darker color murano. It does not really go well with light color.

·
Registered
424 Posts
The manufacturer also states that you can paint it to match the color of your car.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts