Nissan Murano Forum banner

21 - 40 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Colgan Bra

Where did you guys order your Colgan bras? I checked the Colgan site (www.colganbra.com) and another place. Both sites note that bras aren't made for either the 2003 or 2004 Murano. For that matter, where can I get the magnet bra? There are none listed on ebay for Murano application. Thanks for the help. Still trying to decide on bra vs. bug deflector for the Mo that's on order.

J.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Thanks guys!! Now I just need my MO to come in!! Dealer told me end of March originally. Now, he's saying mid-April. Since I ordered at the end of January, its still within the 3 month window that's typical for ordered vehicles. Still, its hard to wait!!!!

·
Registered
758 Posts
Magnet Bra

I'll post pictures as soon as I get the Bra and put it on. As far as not being on E-Bay, give it a day or two. There has not been a time that I checked Nissan Murano Accessories on E-Bay that I haven't seen one. In fact I did not win the bid for the Bra. The guy who was selling it offered me a second chance bid to buy it at my bid price , so I know he has them. I believe he is the same guy who runs the Magnetbra.com web site. If you happen to catch one at the Buy It Now price (Before anyone has bid) go for it, it's usually 39.95 buy it now price.

·
Mo Betta
164 Posts
Jim,

By now, your dealer ought to have a "week of" delivery date. The two April dates I saw when the sales reps were searching for a car for me were April 15 and April 30.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Thanks Dij! I'll e-mail the dealer. I sure as heck hope that I'm not getting the run around. I'll keep you posted.

·
Mo Betta
164 Posts
Jim,

They can get info on deliveries up to 45 days out. If they don't have a "week of" by now, something's not right.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Good info to know. Thanks. I e-mailed my sales rep and turns out he's on a "leave of absence for an undefined period." Another guy who I've met before is taking over. Good thing you got me off my kiester to check in with them instead of waiting until the end of the week as I had planned. The new guy who is the internet manager for the dealership is supposed to get back to me today with a definite date.

·
Mo Betta
164 Posts
Jim,

I stopped by the dealership this afternoon and one of the guys there says that vehicles that are already sold when they are taken off the boat are often sent out first if possible, so they sometimes come in a week or two earlier than the due date. Hope that's the case with mine! Some arrive later, though.

Thought I was going to make a pattern for the cargo area protector but decided to wait until I can fit the thing to my Mo. I did see that it should be easy to make something that will stay in place and cover all the carpet in the back and that it will probably be in three pieces rather than just one. The vinyl that I picked up for $1.99/yd. is EXACTLY the color of the cafe latte interior. The only difference is that the cafe latte leather and vinyl are one color while the vinyl I bought is very subtley a combination of two slightly different shades. I couldn't have picked a better match if I'd taken a swatch with me! This was the only piece that was large enough, close to the right size, and looks nice, so I got lucky. My homemade cargo area protector will look like a factory option!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Have you done a nose check on the vinyl some bulk material has such a potent smell when they are off gassing that it is hard to take in a confined space especially when the temperture goes up. If you are storing it rolled up you may want to unroll it and leave it in the sun to let the noxious gases out before you leave it in the vehicle .

·
Mo Betta
164 Posts
eager,

Thanks for the warning. I'll do that when it dries out a bit (it rained last night). It's been in my warm house folded a bit but I can hang it on my wooden fence. Need to do that to let some of the fold marks fall out anyway, but may wait until I know the car will be here soon.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Gonzo

Magnetbra is being shipped, should have it by Tuesday or Wednesday and I'll post the pictures then.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Pics of magnetbra

Got the Magnetbra on Monday but weather here had been cool . Needed a Semi Warm day to install. Today Got up into High 70's so I went for it.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Magnetbra Continued

Not so sure I like it yet. Maybe it will grow on me. First - For those who will be getting one, ensure you have a clean and waxed vehicle and allow both the Magnetbra and the car to warm up in the sun. I let the Magnetbra sit in the sun for 2 1/2 hours and treated it with 303 Aerospace protectant prior to install. When you install I found the easiest thing to do was to lay it across hood and get even overlap on both sides. After evening out, start on drivers side putting your overlap amount past the side of the hood, hold the passenger side material up off of the hood as you guide the bra making the adjustments as you go to ensure it is even with hood front. You are not supposed to drag this thing on your hood. I was able to even it out about an inch at a time until I had it even with hood front all the way over to passenger side. Smooth out any bubbles. Measure your molding so that it will be even on both sides, then start threading the molding onto the front of the hood starting in the middle. Molding goes under the rubber seal that is attached to the hood.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Gonzo

It just seems to detract a little bit from the smooth lines of the hood. I think I'll leave it on during Spring/Summer when the bugs are really bad down here and maybe remove it in October after September Love Bug Season.

21 - 40 of 102 Posts