Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help!!
My '04 Murano has failed to accelerate on three separate ocassions. The VDC, SLIP, and svc engine light come on. All 3 times, I've had to restart it and then driven it to Nissan. The first time, they replaced the alternator (recall). A month later, it happened again, and they reprogrammed the computer. A month later (this week), it happened again and I almost got in a pretty bad accident. They replaced the throttle body and throttle gasket. The service order says:
throttle body internal failure, dtc p2135
recording data monitor replaced throttle body due to internal failure

parts: chamber asssy throttle $530.
gasket-throttle $2.63

I've read on this forum and others that this problem is resolved by replacing the throttle position sensor (TPS). Is that part of the throttle body or is it a separate part? Based on what the service order says, do you think they replaced the TPS?
I'm afraid it's going to happen again in a few weeks and I'll get into a bad accident.

Thanks for your input.

Susan

·
5,244 Posts
Susan,

I have not had this problem. However code P2135 means: "Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch "A" / "B" Voltage Correlation". So you are right about the sensor.

Anybody knows if the sensor can be replaced or entire throttle body needs to be changed out?

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Parts
. OEM Part
. Price
Throttle Position Sensor
. Throttle Position Sensor
Notes . .
Part Of Throttle Body

Copyright © 2006 ALLDATA LLC
Terms of Use

TPS is actually two sensors that are actually potentiometers that deliver volts to ECM.
They are not replaceable by themselves.

Homer

·
5,244 Posts
I have gone through service manual and there are two position sensors in the throttle body. I am quite sure that in order to fix them the Electric throttle control actuator needs to be replaced. I think you should be OK now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for replying. Sounds like if the throttle body was replaced, the TPS was also replaced. So, I shouldn't have any more problems. I'll call my local Nissan tomorrow and confirm this just to make sure.

Thanks again,
Susan

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Kris said:
Susan,

However code P2135 means: "Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch "A" / "B" Voltage Correlation".

"You and your little scanner... I'll get you my pretty!!!! AND your little dog too!!!!!"

Hey nice job Kris! :29:

·
5,244 Posts
Gonzo,

yes, I took the description from the ScanTool database. But I also confirmed it with Murano Service Manual.....;) bothe were in "agreement"....:D

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
And although mine was completely ignored ,it was from the ALLDATA database which is the bible for all independent shops.

Homer

·
5,244 Posts
hfelknor said:
And although mine was completely ignored ,it was from the ALLDATA database which is the bible for all independent shops.

Homer
Who said it was ignored? You were the first to respond with the right answer. I give it to you. My source just confirmed it.....so the same diagnosis from separate sources - it must be it! :)

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
These "Pots"

are very much like the volume control on a radio. They can get contamination on the interface. In the old analogue world it sounded scratchy or noisey in thisdigitral world the voltage stram is no longer smooth and the A to D conveter gets instantly confused and gives out with bad instructions to the Throttle controller severomotor. Noise Filters and smoothing filters are used to help overcome this inherent consideration but from time to time they just don't work effectively enough and need to be replace.

We have had a number of such incidents reported here on the forum. The sending unit or the receiving unit or both can be at fault.

A cleaning process during manufacture can be in adeaquate and the contaminates can finally cause a problem.

Will it never happen again? Who knows the likely hood of it happening the first time were very low. A new unit should have the advantage of experience of many many hundres having been made between the two manyfacturing times so the odds are with you .

This can and probably has happened to all vehicles. I don't think id is a Mo problem. Buckle up and enjoy the MO it is a great vehicle.
Like the song say "Don't Worry Be Happy" They were all good questions, you sound very savy and sure don't have your head in the sand.:)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Same thing happened to me.

Slip, SES and VDC lights came off with concomitant loss of throttle. Dealer said it was the throttle chamber - they reset it and said it should be fine; they also said that they ordered a new one to replace it just in case.

On an unrelated note, they still cannot resolve all my squeeks and rattles and horrendous radio reception.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Sqeaks: Look at my gallery for possible solution/hot areas

Radio: Did they/you try to tighten the bolt to the antenna? Its located above the map lights. TSB was out but I didn't think it affected your year.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thanks for suggestions.

They did say they tightened the "grounding" on the antenna... twice. Not much improvement.

As for DIY problem areas - I don't feel comfortable taking apart the door and making installations/adjustments. So I'll have to keep bothering them.

Should have gone with a Toyota or a Honda :3:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts