Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife took the MO in because the SES light came on 2 days ago. The MO seems to drive fine, no problems, SES light is solid, not flashing. Dealer tells me flashing is serious, solid is not.

The dealer is now going to replace the throttle chamber on my 05! The Mo has 30k on it and I have to say that I find that this is a pretty serious problem for an 11 month old vehicle.

My 97 Pontiac GP didn't have anything go wrong in 7 years so when I bought my first Nissan, I expected a lot. Searching the forums I noticed that this has happened on a lot of the 03 and 04, the 05s probably don't have the wear on them yet.

Is this a problem that will have a TSB or recall in the future?

Time will tell.............

Dave

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
whatsup-

Be thankful it is still under warranty. I believe the throttle body is a $600 part.

-njjoe

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Many here belive that Japanese cars are far superior to American Iron and will dismiss your Pontiac story out of hand.
Before this my Chrysler T&C never had a problem until it was 6 years old (Idler pulley/belt) and went on another year without a problem.
My Murano OTOH, which I love when it is good, has been to the dealer 7 times for admittedly fairly minor issues (If you are willing to say that failing to tighten the steering rack at the factory is minor!).
For instance, after my last trip to the dealer in June, I am on my FOURTH CD player.:3:
I am as old as dirt. Most of the time I don't play the CD.
I thought the Japanese knew how to do this electronic stuff?:rolleyes:

Oh well, right now it's running great and i love it when it is like that. :2:

I think I would consider a TB as a Major repair.
But, OTOH, it happens.
Even every Pontiac and Chrysler doesn't do as well as ours did.

Homer

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Sounds like Nissan is making up for a low

sales price with part prices a $5000 transfercase and now a $600 TB.

This must be a Foreign plot to go along with the oil speculation to make the USA go broke.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Throttle chamber replacement

I had the same happen to me, when i started driving the vehicle in the morning i knew something was wrong, but then when my husband drove the car to the dealership it felt just fine to him. But the dealer ended up replacing the chamber. Now it seems as if going bad again. If i did not have warranty i would have bought a horse and called it quits

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
" If i did not have warranty i would have bought a horse and called it quits"

I can see buying a horse.
But why in heavens name would you call him "quits"?
I would think a name like "Black Beauty" would be far better. :)

Homer

OK, I'm sorry, But I knew if I didn't pick up that line that was just laying there, that the Gripper would take it if I didn't. ;)

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
I must be really slipping!

Missed it. :eek:

·
Registered
7 Posts
To: hfelknor

QUIT P Pronunciation Key (kwt)
v. quit, or quit·ted (kwtd) quit·ting, quits
v. tr.
To depart from; leave: “You and I are on the point of quitting the theater of our exploits” (Horatio Nelson).
To leave the company of: had to quit the gathering in order to be home by midnight.
To give up; relinquish: quit a job.
To abandon or put aside; forsake: advised them to quit their dissipated ways.
To cease or discontinue: asked them to quit talking; quit smoking.
Computer Science. To exit (an application).
To rid oneself of by paying: quit a debt.
To release from a burden or responsibility.
To conduct (oneself) in a specified way: Quit yourselves like adults.

v. intr.
To cease performing an action. See Synonyms at stop.
To give up, as in defeat; stop.
To leave a job.

adj.
Absolved of a duty or an obligation; free.

[Middle English quiten, to release, from Old French quiter, from Medieval Latin quitre, qutre, from Latin quitus, at rest. See quiet.]
quits

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
"Quits" would be the perfect name for a horse that fails to complete a race. :2:

giddyup!

-njjoe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts