Nissan Murano Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Out of curiosity, does it help with keeping the revs above 1000 when under light load?

The 1000 rpm low frequency resonance is the only thing that really bugs me about my '19...

·
Registered
886 Posts
Out of curiosity, does it help with keeping the revs above 1000 when under light load?

The 1000 rpm low frequency resonance is the only thing that really bugs me about my '19...
I've never had this problem. Cruising on the level between 35 and 45 MPH, my RPM is about 900 and if I just touch the gas pedal, the RPM will jump up to 1,100 RPM. I've had the radio off and windows closed and never experienced any resonance noise issue while doing this.

Today I went for a short cruise and nothing has changed in that aspect. Just a more sensitive pedal and a much quicker engine response during the first third of pedal play, then the pedal range seems to be normal.

I have a speed buddy who was impressed with the power of my Murano the first time he drove it on a trip. He actually thought it had better acceleration then his '16 Chevy V8 pickup. I'm going to have him drive again soon and keep him guessing on where the better acceleration came from.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'm reading this tread out of curiosity. I have no issues with my acceleration, I find it fine under all driving conditions. Never felt like it left me lagging. That being said, I'm curious what is given up in gas mileage with these controllers. I probably won't get one since I'm content and also I hate additional wires and control apparatus in the vehicle.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm reading this tread out of curiosity. I have no issues with my acceleration, I find it fine under all driving conditions. Never felt like it left me lagging. That being said, I'm curious what is given up in gas mileage with these controllers. I probably won't get one since I'm content and also I hate additional wires and control apparatus in the vehicle.
The change in gas mileage will be negligible because the only change is response which is very transitory..

·
Registered
886 Posts
Here's a follow up after a month's of use of the XTros Throttle Controller purchased on Amazon for $81.00, versus $299 + for a Pedal Commander throttle controller.

First, I'm using the HA-6 setting, while my wife likes it set at HA-4. Driving on snow, I set it to HA-1, where it felt like the factory pedal response. I haven't felt the need to try any faster of a setting, and I haven't tried the eco mode settings.

I have not noticed any loss in gas mileage after the first tank, down about 5 MPG on that one, more then likely from hot dogging taking off from the lights. After a little adjustment, I've learned the proper pedal to just get up to the speed limit quickly and then let off to maintain speed.

Entering the highway is a dream now. You definitely have more power quicker, coming on at a lower speed then before. It may be me, but the engine seems to have a more throaty sound to the exhaust in the lower RPMs when standing on the pedal now. Several people have noticed the difference in acceleration and exhaust sound when riding in the car.

Am I happy with it? I wish I had it two years earlier. The Murano always had great passing power and speed, but it was seriously lacking at low RPMs and low speeds. The Murano usually starts to pull strong at about 4K RPM to about 500 RPM short of red lining. Now with the throttle controller you get a strong steady pull starting at about 2,500 RPM, running up to just short of red line until you let off the throttle. Totally different merging onto the highway now. Actually makes it fun now!

As you can see, I've installed the controller in the little cubby that's on the shifter console. Using a Dremel with a small ball grinder I created a small opening just the size and shape of the plug. I still need to get some Velcro tape to hold it in place which will allow movement for viewing and changing settings.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Have a good day.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts