Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a thunking noise that occurs when I back out of the driveway, shift into drive, and accelerate. The noise occurs just when the vehicle starts to move forward, and occurs only once until I repeat the sequence. It seems to be worse when I turn the wheel before shifting and hitting the gas. It's hard to tell, but it seems like it is coming from the wheel area. No other problems driving. Anyone else notice this? Could it be the CV joint? Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AWD, does not depend on temp, noise only when the car starts to move forward and not when shifting. One "thunk" noise, then everything is fine. No relation to parking brake. Seems to happen most when the sterring wheel is turned to the left before shifting into drive. Thanks!

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
Enforcer said:
Take it to the dealer immediately and let us know. I would guess any one of several possibilities. No, this is not normal. I back out of my drive way with the steering wheel cranked all the way left every day. No clunk.
did observe in reverse at the base of my DW today....

silent.........as well...........

i agree... document the situation ENTIRELY......

i mean..... write down what makes it happen, when it first started (mileage and date) how often it occurs, ect........

this'll help them i.d. the problem better, imo

·
5,268 Posts
because it is MDX...........:22:

·
5,268 Posts
Enforcer said:
Look, Murano_MDX left the goal open is Kris going to score?????

OF COURSE!!

:headslap: :xnuts:

:2:
no. i will leave him the pleasure of owning MDX...........;)

·
Registered
777 Posts
Hey guys MO_MDX is only 1/2 bad, it's when his evil twin "Black Bling" shows his head that you have to keep an eye on him! :rolleyes:

·
5,268 Posts
No, he is OK.

He just lost his nerves....................

Once he jumps back to MO he'll be OK.:D

·
5,268 Posts
not bad....though C32 AMG...............eh.................why not to dream....................

·
5,268 Posts
MDX,

just notice your banner..........do you actually drive Dimante?

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I always get a thunk if I shift from D - N - R if the car is moving every so slightly. Before going into R I make sure the car is completely stopped. No issues with this technique.

·
5,268 Posts
I asked because I drove one a few years ago. Unfortunately it was 4 cylinder model. The engine was terrible. However car was nice. Put on it 130K without any problems.
My wife used to own 1999 V6 model - beautiful engine with smart gearbox - grade logic control, adaptable etc. The car was called Magna but is known here as Dimante. Never had any problems. Especially liked the satchels windows. Still have some pictures of it from Duntree River crossing.:rolleyes: ;)

·
5,268 Posts
Here is the first one – Duntree River crossing. Beyond this river is only 10 miles sealed road after which 800 miles unsealed road. All the way to Cape York, the tip of Australia. Interesting country.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts