Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This problem is intermittent. When I release the gas pedal coming to a stop, before even touching the brake pedal, a strange and loud Tick...Tick...Tick... sound comes from the front of the MO. The tick sound frequency slows down as the vehicle slows down much like the sound of a cigarettes pack pinned in our good old bikes wheels.

This certainly happed 5-6 times since I took delivery of the MO 2 months ago.

Anyone had the same problem?

Also worth noticing is an intermittent vibration noise coming from the driver side's B-pillar when the Bose pumps deeper bass. This one was easy to find since my fingers squeezed between the door and the B-pillar absorb and eliminate the vibration. I'll have the dealer pack this area with more sound insulation stuff.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Use the search function and put in "tick" w/o the quote marks and you will pull up 25 or so posts.

Looks like others have had it and it looks like there could be several causes.

Homer

·
Super Secret Member
31 Posts
Did you check your tire tread for a rock or something stuck in it?

·
British Cat Juggler
147 Posts
Dealer can fix this. It's a minor adjustment.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. A little precision, as long as I have the foot on the gas pedal, nothing. It only begins when I fully release the gas pedal. It has to be mechanical and related to something like the CVT compression feature...

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
A tick tick tick can't be a good sound. I suggest you take it to the dealer and have one of their Nissan techs ride with you while you reproduce the noise (don't let the service manager ride with you, they will spin up some story about how the "noise is being caused by the flux capacitor interfacing with the antimatter reactor" and guess what, most of the time the customer will go "oh, its only that" and leave the dealership thinking everything is fine until they break down on the road!

You are right, it could be a CVT or transfer case related problem, or it could be something as simple as a loose heat shield or something.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I have the same problem, I am going to take it in to be looked at also

·
British Cat Juggler
147 Posts
It's not the CVT. I can't remember the vague term the dealer used when I took mine in, but it's easily fixed. Maybe a bearing adjustment?

Do you have a creak from the front right suspension as the front end rises and falls under acceleration/braking? That went along with my Tick..Tick and was part of the problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I took my 04 Mo in for the ticking noise underneath the left side a week ago. They said that it was something in the axle. They order replacement parts for it. I haven't heard anyone talk about the axle. Don't know if I should let them mess with that. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The noise is dead center, and I thought at first that it was coming from the radio unit. It is an intermittent noise but when it does it, it will continue until I remove the ket from the ignition. The tick...tick can only be heard when I fully release the gas pedal, and it continues while I break to a full stop. I could not hear it while accelerating so this eliminates some rocks stock in any tire. The only thing that I can think of that fit this analysis is a problem with the compression feature of the CVT.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Perhaps the climate control air mix doors are rattling a bit. Maybe you can try switching settings (face, bilevel, defog, etc...) to move the doors around. I actually had a ticking similar to that, and after cycling the doors a bit, it seems to have fixed it.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I have the same problem. Like Sim said it only happens when you take your foot off the gas so Im pretty sure it isnt something inside the cabin thats rattling. It happens at all speeds, whether on the highway or going slowly. Its pretty annoying.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Tick, Tick, Tick. Sounds like from the front suspension to me. It is annoying, but I can live with it if that is the worst of the problems...

If you get it fixed, let us know.

Sounds to me like an "unloading" of the suspension somehow. That is the time when I hear it. (step off the gas, off the brake, etc.)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well according to nissan that tick tick noise meant a new driveshaft and transfer case on my murano.Which meant complete removal and replacement of engine and transmission.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
moisture said:
Well according to nissan that tick tick noise meant a new driveshaft and transfer case on my murano.Which meant complete removal and replacement of engine and transmission.
Why didn't they just replace the transfer case and driveshaft? Was the engine and CVT damaged somehow?

oh never mind read the other post - they replaced the transfer case and driveshaft...

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
My tick fixed!

Since there are so many tick threads....I guess I will put my fix on them all.

Problem: Tick on accel, tick on decel. Tick from R to D. Rocking Mo back and forth with engine off and in park can reproduce it.

Fix: Motor mounts retorqued.

No kiddin! Makes sense actually.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts