Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was thinking bout upgrading my HIDs to 10,000k bubls... and i was wondering... if ppl get pulled over because the lights are soooo bright... i go over the bridge almost everyday.. and there are cops everywhere.. i dont wanna upgrade my HIDs if imma get pulled over all the time..

·
Registered
12,512 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Yeah I agree with the reply above. Color temperature is not directly proportional to light output. In fact, the stock 4300K HIDs have the *most* light output compared to other color temperatures. 10000K, you'd be probably back into the normal halogen bulb output range, and the purple light would certainly not reflect well off surfaces, thereby reducing visibility even more.

If you care about light output, stick with stock bulbs. Going to a higher color temp would be just for looks (and less light).

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
The lighting FAQ on the other link has been updated. As you can see, going from stock OEM HID to 6000K results in a 25% decrease in light output (3200 to 2400 lumens). It will be more blue, but less light. Going to 10000K, I don't even want to imagine the decrease in lumens.

Link here:

http://faqlight.carpassion.info/hl-hid-bulbs.htm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts